Ready for 10lbs lighter and stronger

Options
Hello everyone!

Im 28, 162cm (5f3) and weigh around 125lbs.

I don't consider myseld fat or overweight but I have no muscle and what I have is mostly flabby fat.

My thighs and upper legs are very soft and have lots of cellulite and overall I have a lot of soft fat and no muscle.

My aim is to either lose the fat or turn it in to muscle.
I am 75cm around my belly button
And 95cm around my waist (bum)

I want to lose 4-5cm around my waist and bum. And possibly aroun 10lbs. I am more focussed on the Cm than the Lbs ;)

My metabolism is slow and I eat way less than normal people. When I eat 1200 calories a day, I PICK UP WEIGHT. So Im trying to restrict myself to 1100 calories a day. I know that doesnt sound like enough, but really - 1200 makes me pick up like a whale.

Started hiking 4km 2 - 3 times a week. I use the Runkeeper app to track my distance, pace and calories burned. The 2km is steep uphill. I'm aiming to ru these 4km at some point.

Need some inspiration and support. Add me.

Replies

• Kelven2330
    Kelven2330 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    welcome and good luck! looks like you are doing a lot of things well. do you do any weight training at all?
  • organictales
    organictales Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Not too much weight training yet. But I know that burns more calories and build muscle faster. I'm planning in working on my cardio up till the end of next week, and up my fitness level a bit and then start adding more weight training from there. Squats, pushups, abs and lifting a little.
    I love yoga. Just need encouragememt to get up earlier in the mornings.
  • organictales
    Options
    Also - I don't seem to be able to add friends.
    When I click on a profile it gives me the option but then it asks me to enter my full name and then takes me to my phone contacts to link the person... so I can only add people who are on my phone list or facebook.

help please.
  • Kelven2330
    Kelven2330 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    i am guessing that is the app? i don't use it much and when I did, I didn't see where to add friends. I use the website for that.
  • organictales
    Options
    Kelven2330 wrote: »
    i am guessing that is the app? i don't use it much and when I did, I didn't see where to add friends. I use the website for that.

Didn't even know there was a website. I'm leaning more by the day!

Well then people - please add me!
  • sfhashmani
    sfhashmani Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    @organictales I am in a very similar situation as you. I'm 30, and weigh 130. Goal is to lose 10 lbs! I'm new to MFP! Any helpful healthy eating tips and workouts for our body types would be great. Good luck on your journey.
  • nimblemimble
    nimblemimble Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Instead of clicking the plus, click the check mark in the upper right hand corner :)
  • syliao
    syliao Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm in a *somewhat* similar situation, and I hope that we can motivate each other. My goal is also to lose 10 lbs, as well as inches and fat.

Cardio is great for losing weight and I encourage you to keep hiking and running, but what you really need to both build muscle and lose fat, is, of course, to resistance train. Lift weights. Strength train. Whatever want to call it. Since you're not overweight, this is crucial to your success. If you're new to it, start reading about strength training, and consider getting a personal trainer just for a few sessions so that he can give you some tips and show you exercises for all the muscle groups.

The biggest piece of the puzzle is nutrition! Please eat enough. 1,000 calories is not enough, and in my opinion 1,200 calories isn't either unless you're completely sedentary. Don't get fixated on your weight at first, but instead evaluate how you feel and how your clothes fit. I feel tired if I don't get at least 1,500 calories (but I'm bigger than you and workout a lot). Food is my weakness! But you need the *healthy* fuel. Stick to whole, unprocessed foods like animal protein, eggs, fish, fruits and vegetables, nuts and seeds, and good fats (coconut oil and olive oil). Stay away from the soda, junk food, and baked goods. Nobody is perfect so just try to eat very healthy 80% of the time! And finally, drink water, sleep enough, keep your stress down, stay happy... all part of being the healthiest you!
  • organictales
    Options
    sfhashmani wrote: »
    @organictales I am in a very similar situation as you. I'm 30, and weigh 130. Goal is to lose 10 lbs! I'm new to MFP! Any helpful healthy eating tips and workouts for our body types would be great. Good luck on your journey.

Sfhashmani - please add me. I'm using the app on my phone and it doesn't work when I try to add people :/

For now, I'm trying to cut carbs and sugar and add more protein to my diet.
    Boiled eggs, lean skinless chicken breasts, lowfat yoghurt, lots and lots of raw veggies like carrots and cucumbers. I cut cucumbers and carrots in to little sticks and then eat them with a peanutbutter (this is high in colories so I limit it to 1 tablespoon a day)
    On weekends I have cheat days and I eat more carbs and bread and whatever I want - but in moderation.
    When I managed to get my fitness up a little I will start weight training as well (in about 10 days from now)
  • organictales
    Options
    syliao wrote: »
    Hi there! I'm in a *somewhat* similar situation, and I hope that we can motivate each other. My goal is also to lose 10 lbs, as well as inches and fat.

Cardio is great for losing weight and I encourage you to keep hiking and running, but what you really need to both build muscle and lose fat, is, of course, to resistance train. Lift weights. Strength train. Whatever want to call it. Since you're not overweight, this is crucial to your success. If you're new to it, start reading about strength training, and consider getting a personal trainer just for a few sessions so that he can give you some tips and show you exercises for all the muscle groups.

The biggest piece of the puzzle is nutrition! Please eat enough. 1,000 calories is not enough, and in my opinion 1,200 calories isn't either unless you're completely sedentary. Don't get fixated on your weight at first, but instead evaluate how you feel and how your clothes fit. I feel tired if I don't get at least 1,500 calories (but I'm bigger than you and workout a lot). Food is my weakness! But you need the *healthy* fuel. Stick to whole, unprocessed foods like animal protein, eggs, fish, fruits and vegetables, nuts and seeds, and good fats (coconut oil and olive oil). Stay away from the soda, junk food, and baked goods. Nobody is perfect so just try to eat very healthy 80% of the time! And finally, drink water, sleep enough, keep your stress down, stay happy... all part of being the healthiest you!

Syliao - please add me as a friend. Would love to stay motivated with you. Im using the MFP app on my phone and it doesn't work when I add people (or like or comment on status updates :/ )

Re Cardio and strength: doing cardio is a new thing for me. I've always hated running. I started with just walking and now half of my route is running and half is walking. 80% of that is uphill (pretty steep) so I definitely feel it in my legs the next day! I plan on adding strength and weight training in about 10 days from now, when I feel my cardio fitness has improved. Still doing research on that. I do yoga and I'm working on my headstands for now and staying in positions for longer.
    I bought some weights as well so dtarting to do a few bicep curls and lifts etc. In about 10 days (when I've done more research and worked out a routine to follow) I'll be doing it more.

Re calories: According to many apps and websites and calculators, for my current weight, hight, age and activity level I need to eat 1200 calories to lose weight. But when I do it feels like a lot and I find myself eating more than usual and then I pick up. I'm only cutting 100 from that, so 1100 for now. I am really hoping to up it to 1400 as I get more fit and more active and start requiring more calories to fuel my body. So as soon as my fitness improves and I start doing weight and resistance training, I definitely plan to add calories back up.
    I have never been a big eater all my life so Im working on starting up my metabolism again.

During the week I try to eat more healthy. Cutting away on carbs and adding more protein and raw veggies.
    Boiled eggs, skinless lean chicken breasts, lowfat yoghurt, tuna and then lots and lots of veggies. As I mentioned in a comment above - I like to cut up carrots and cucumbers in to sticks and eat them with peanutbutter as a snack (I limit the peanutbutter to 1tablespoon a day because it is very high in calories.
    I drink minimum 2L of water a day.

Now that the weather is getting warmer I'll be doing breakfast smoothies as well frozen fruit, banana and lowfat yoghurt. Strawberry+peanutbutter is my fav :)
  • organictales
    Options
    Would love some more MFP friends on here. The app doesn't allow ke to add people, so please go ahead and add me :)
  • alexcanuck
    alexcanuck Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    what u want??? 125 lbs and u want to looooose weight???u have no muscle u say and u want to llooooooose weight? looooose??? u need eat eat eat to gain some mass dude
  • alexcanuck
    alexcanuck Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    syliao wrote: »

Syliao - please add me as a friend. Would love to stay motivated with you. Im using the MFP app on my phone and it doesn't work when I add people (or like or comment on status updates :/ )

Re Cardio and strength: doing cardio is a new thing for me. I've always hated running. I started with just walking and now half of my route is running and half is walking. 80% of that is uphill (pretty steep) so I definitely feel it in my legs the next day! I plan on adding strength and weight training in about 10 days from now, when I feel my cardio fitness has improved. Still doing research on that. I do yoga and I'm working on my headstands for now and staying in positions for longer.
    I bought some weights as well so dtarting to do a few bicep curls and lifts etc. In about 10 days (when I've done more research and worked out a routine to follow) I'll be doing it more.

Re calories: According to many apps and websites and calculators, for my current weight, hight, age and activity level I need to eat 1200 calories to lose weight. But when I do it feels like a lot and I find myself eating more than usual and then I pick up. I'm only cutting 100 from that, so 1100 for now. I am really hoping to up it to 1400 as I get more fit and more active and start requiring more calories to fuel my body. So as soon as my fitness improves and I start doing weight and resistance training, I definitely plan to add calories back up.
    I have never been a big eater all my life so Im working on starting up my metabolism again.

During the week I try to eat more healthy. Cutting away on carbs and adding more protein and raw veggies.
    Boiled eggs, skinless lean chicken breasts, lowfat yoghurt, tuna and then lots and lots of veggies. As I mentioned in a comment above - I like to cut up carrots and cucumbers in to sticks and eat them with peanutbutter as a snack (I limit the peanutbutter to 1tablespoon a day because it is very high in calories.
    I drink minimum 2L of water a day.

Now that the weather is getting warmer I'll be doing breakfast smoothies as well frozen fruit, banana and lowfat yoghurt. Strawberry+peanutbutter is my fav :)
    guys go to library, open utube and educate your self because what i reading here example- calorie intake for man 1500/day? seriously. u asking for some healt problems dude, thats all bulls&£#t. i preparing for mens physique competition, so im dieting, cutting body fat and still eating 3000 calorie a day, carbs at least 200g a day, fat 110g a day, protein 250g a day sometimes my macros are over 3300 if i train twice a day, cardio? not necessary, to be honest u dont need any cardio during diet. i do HIIT cardio 1-3 times a week, depent how i feel. so guys go educate your self about leaning out or mass gaining.....
  • organictales
    Options
    alexcanuck wrote: »
    what u want??? 125 lbs and u want to looooose weight???u have no muscle u say and u want to llooooooose weight? looooose??? u need eat eat eat to gain some mass dude

DUDE - I am GIRL, not a dude. And if you read properly you will see that I am mkre interested in losing centimeters rather than weight or become more toned.
    If you are only on here to troll and be nasty then perhaps you should go somewhere else. People are here to encourage each other and you are what we call an arrogant *kitten*.