HELP!

Options
Good Morning fellow fit friends!

I need some ideas for low carb, higher protein snacks/meals. I work crazy hours and I'm always on the go. I am so sick of prepping and toting around chicken with me. I'm so burnt out on that idea. So I haven't done that in a few weeks but its leaving me with very little options and making it hard to reach my protein goal for the day. I do drink shakes sometimes but I'm sick of those as well. I do eat a protein bar at some point in the day but that just isn't enough.

I'm trying to find some low card, higher protein and something not to crazy in calories and I'm just coming up empty. I'm hoping all of you loves can help me out.

Before anyone makes these suggestions let me just throw this out there....I HATE any type of seafood, I can't stomach eggs or cottage cheese, and lunch meat tears up my stomach and makes my IBS flare up. :(

Thank you lovelies. :)

Replies

• jaxass
    jaxass Posts: 2,128 Member
    Options
    I was going to say shrimp, but then read on.

Beef jerky
    almonds (the flavored kind work best for me)
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    String cheese
    Babybel cheese
    Nuts
    Peanut butter
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    0% fat greek yoghurt and mix protein power in there. You can make it in the flavor you like then!!!
  • khearron26
    khearron26 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Haha girl you just listed off all of my favorite high-protein foods. Like someone said before, greek yogurt is great. Though you may need to bring something to keep it cool in...

Also, if you have an HEB near you, they sell this German Brot Rye bread at the bakery, and it is really tasty. 2 ounces of the bread has 7g Protein, 130 cals, 2g fiber, 0g sugar, 1g fat. You could have it by itself, or top it with anything you like. (Almond or peanut butter toppings would give you extra protein as well)
  • khearron26
    khearron26 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    though it is a little higher in the carbs... 26g for 2oz.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    For meals, I like to make things like stew, chili, soup, stuffed peppers, meatballs, etc and freeze them into portions so I can grab and go in the morning.
    If I don't grab one of these things, I'll usually pack a salad or a raw bowl of zucchini noodles topped with some kind of sauce - the microwave steams it perfectly.
  • greekyogurtandpuppies
    greekyogurtandpuppies Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Edamame, tofu, nuts , and nut butters :)
  • lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, jerky, cheese, protein bars, almonds
  • mastahscram
    mastahscram Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt, chickpeas, hummus, black beans, tofu, quinoa. i make large batches of hummus, tofu (scramble, fried, or stir fried with vegetables), and quinoa and then will pack it for lunch throughout the week. I throw chickpeas/ hummus, beans, tofu, quinoa on salads for lunch too. sometimes ill also make chickpea salads wth chickpeas, chopped vegetables: onions, cucumber, celery, whatever, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper, in large batches which i can portion out for lunch.