5K Club (questions, training, plans, etc)

Options
I'm working toward a 5K now.
I'd like to maintain a long-term 5K Club topic here.

Feel free to post your questions, workouts, training plans, etc.

:happy:

Replies

• tannaleigh
    tannaleigh Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say good luck everyone! I am on week 5 and its been a devil to be able to complete so I can move on to week six. a friend told me you will never regret going for a run.... and so far... she is right :)
  • splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Just ran my first one this weekend. Slowly worked up to it with a jog/walk training plan slowly increasing the Jog time, and reducing the "sets" targeting a total of 40-45 minutes.
  • gooberr4
    gooberr4 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    my first 5k is next saturday!!!! i'm excited but nervous. any tips?!
  • shelld70
    shelld70 Posts: 106
    Options
    I am getting ready to do my 1st 5k on June 4. I have never enjoyed running. Last week, I ran 1 mile w/o stopping. I couldn't believe it. I was so happy, I wanted to cry! I am going to keep training. I really don't have a goal for the 1st one, just finishing. : )
  • tanyamg
    tanyamg Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Signed up for two this summer and looking forward to it :)
  • splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    my first 5k is next saturday!!!! i'm excited but nervous. any tips?!

As my running teacher told us..Beware of your pace. Don't get caught up and go out fast... and another running freind mine reminded me of the all important... Breathe.

Lastly have fun and relish the success of completeing, don't get caught up in time completed.
  • Cletc
    Cletc Posts: 352
    Options
    Find a race near you under the
    "events and results" option
    http://www.athlinks.com/
    enter your month, year, and state

If you have ever run a 5K before, look yourself up. You're in the database already.
    :laugh:
  • Cletc
    Cletc Posts: 352
    Options
    Did you train today for your 5K?

I took an accidental day off

Just just wanted to stay in bed longer...!

:-)
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    I've been training for 5Ks on and off for a few years now (summer and winter always set me back). I'm determined to keep up my running this summer, and my goal is to break the 30 minute mark this year. The last one I ran in the beginning of May was about 33:30, and I'm planning to run another next Monday, so we'll see - I haven't been doing as much speed work as I used to, and long runs have been hit or miss, so I'm not expecting to break records, but I'm ready to start training more seriously.
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    I just completed Week6Day3 of C25K earlier this evening. I typically run/walk as I can after the training until I reach the 5k distance so I will really feel prepared for my first race coming up on June 11th. My goal is to get under 35 minutes.