T25?

Options
MaintainCats
MaintainCats Posts: 222 Member
edited June 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
#1 I don't need beachbody coaches contacting me. I will not buy shakeology etc etc.

Now, has anyone here tried T25? Did you find it effective? Was it REALLY just 25 minutes a day?

I was in awesome shape. Then I got knocked up for a 3rd time. *d'oh*. I managed to stay active my whole pregnancy and only gain 20 pounds (vs the 40 I gained both times before that)....but my strength has gone down the drain. I did HIIT before pregnancy and it was great but it was super high impact and that doesn't work for me at the moment.

Reviews? Thoughts?

Replies

• yam102284
    yam102284 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yes. I love T25. With cooldown, it's 28ish minutes, but I stretch and cooldown by myself. But the full workout is 25 minutes. I did find it effective. I went from 160.8 lbs at the beginning and I currently weigh 146 lbs and on the 2nd option of Gamma. I did NOT follow the mealplan with it, nor did I start using Shakeology either. I followed my calorie deficit on MFP and that's how I lost the weight. I think it's a great program and very effective for my schedule. With working full-time and chasing a 2.5 year old around the rest of the time, that 25 min workout is exactly what I need. We usually do it in the morning before work, or I squeeze it in after work.
  • MaintainCats
    Options
    I expect to gain weight while I do it because I am HOPING to gain some muscle. My weight is okay as of right now but my muscle/strength SO VERY MUCH isn't.
  • barthel2387
    barthel2387 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i just did day two of T25. It is ALOT of cardio ( so far) so I am not sure if you will gain muscle from it.
  • RBillard
    RBillard Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    my wife has been doing T25 for awhile now, and recently started the Gamma level. Both her cardio and her muscle tone have improved significantly. she has amazon shoulders that she didn't have before doing the program. She HAS been taking Shakeology but i wouldn't credit all the results to that. Beyond her shake she's pretty much been doing the 21 day fix diet for the past few months now.
  • yam102284
    yam102284 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My muscle tone has improved so much. Before, I had zero muscles in my arm, and couldn't do a regular push-up. Now, I can see the definition in my arms and I can do 2-3 real push-ups in a row. Beta and Gamma are where you start to see muscle. I'm in Gamma and for most of the workouts, I don't put down my weights.
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Just my two cents, and it really depends on where your fitness level is now, but the Alpha phase of T25 is a bit of a waste. I think if you are just starting out, do Alpha until it isn't as much of a challenge, and then move on to Beta.

Whenever I start another T25 workout, I skip Alpha and jump right into Beta. Another "two cents", spring for the Gamma phase. Gamma is where *kitten* gets real with T25.

Alpha is your training wheels, Beta is where you start riding by yourself, and Gamma is where you are riding offroad into a ravine of fire and mayhem.
  • bclow
    bclow Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I did it and I loved it. Currently up 14lbs and that program definitely was a help
  • MaintainCats
    Options
    Just my two cents, and it really depends on where your fitness level is now, but the Alpha phase of T25 is a bit of a waste. I think if you are just starting out, do Alpha until it isn't as much of a challenge, and then move on to Beta.

Whenever I start another T25 workout, I skip Alpha and jump right into Beta. Another "two cents", spring for the Gamma phase. Gamma is where *kitten* gets real with T25.

Alpha is your training wheels, Beta is where you start riding by yourself, and Gamma is where you are riding offroad into a ravine of fire and mayhem.

Good to know about Alpha! It is hard to know where I am at right now only because I have been in and out so much. I still have muscle definition but it isn't entirely functional...mostly just for looks or something. I dunno.

Do you know if they offer Gamma online streaming?
  • awend1282
    awend1282 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with all of jeremywm1977 comments about T25. I enjoyed it, but I feel like I progressed faster muscle-wise with Jillian Michael's 90 Body Revolution.
  • dxp232
    dxp232 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I loved T25 and made it all the way through Gamma. It was a great quick at-home work-out fix. Alpha is on the easy side so if you are even a bit in shape it wont be super challenging (it is extremely cardio heavy) but Beta picks up the strength nicely and Gamma is intense. Speed 2.0 and 3.0 are still my favorites... You really should do at least a week or two of Alpha to get the movements down because the sessions build on previous movements BUT if alpha is easy I have friends who skipped to beta and did just fine...