21 Day Fix

Options
Has anyone tried the 21 Day Fix? If so, would you recommend it?

Replies

• raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    wife tried it and it works. Just dont do the shakeology. Its not worth the money.
  • ames1586
    ames1586 Posts: 6 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm doing it now. The portion control containers really help me. Currently burning 300-400 calories in 30 min
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3 right now. The workouts are tough, but short and do-able. The amount of food you get with all your containers is a lot more than you'd think. I'm hardly ever actually hungry. I do still get cravings, but, again, I'm only on day 3. I definitely think it's worth it. If you don't want to continue using Shakeology, then don't. It'll only be a one-time fee and you'll have the workouts, containers and meal plan to continue on your own long after you finish the 21 days.
  • stevesample76
    stevesample76 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you are looking to get out of it. The workouts are really good and the containers are great if portion control is something you struggle with. Like everything else, this program and the containers are a tool to get help you on the path to a healthier you.
  • JessicasGold
    JessicasGold Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yes it is an amazing program. I have done both the regular and the 21 Day Fix Extreme. Been drinking Shakeology every day for 4 years - I say, it is worth every penny. lol!!! 22jhwbfdu3n7.jpg
    xbr1ikog5os5.jpg
  • deltayork
    deltayork Posts: 71 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm on Week 2 Day 10. Down 2 pounds in week 1 (I haven't weighed this week). I started it because I needed to balance my diet better (exercise is not an issue for me). The containers look small when you get them, but it's more food than you think. I'm on the 1500-1799 calorie plan and was eating too many starchy carbs and not enough veggies or fruits before. This has definitely changed. I meal plan better now, and make all of my lunches for the week on Sundays. I haven't been "perfect" with the eating, but I am 90% perfect which is far better than before.

The workouts are good, 30 minutes and done and there are modifiers. You do a different workout every day of the week. I average 300 calories burned per workout. Peer support is also great. There is a group started by Autumn on FB and my coach has a monthly challenge group with much fewer people.

I am a Shakeology fan (my husband even loves it too). I've found it helps curb my cravings and I'm more "regular" than ever. I definitely notice a difference in my energy, especially if i don't drink it for a few days. Expensive is relevant when comes to Shakeology. I was eating a Quest bar ($2) and having a Bolthouse in the morning for breakfast ($2).

The challenge pack is on sale this month for $140 with Shakeology.
  • donna1432
    donna1432 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I've done it twice and also extreme excellent way for lifestyle not diet!

• venuila
    venuila Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I've done two rounds, just doing the videos and following a 1200 calorie diet. Buy my own whey protein. First round I lost 10 lbs 10.25 inches. Second round I lost 4 lbs 4 inches.
    Would definitely recommend!!! I wanted to switch it up a little so just started insanity three days ago when I finished my second round but will definitely be doing it again. I miss the workouts too! My fave program so far. :)
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    A few of my coworkers are doing it now. One of them is done in 2 days and said it really helped her.
  • emilybmcd
    emilybmcd Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I completed one round and still use the workout videos 3-4 times a week. I am thinking about completing another round before doing 21 day fix extreme. My goal for the first round was to tone my arms, tummy, and thighs. I did that and then some! I was very pleased with the results and I enjoyed the program.
  • MzBriz
    MzBriz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 15 and down 5 lbs so far! I am only doing the workouts though, and staying around 1400-1500 calories a day with the 40/30/30 carb/protein/fat ratios.
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    There's a group here on MFP full of people who are sharing their tips, struggles, and successes with 21 Day Fix.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/103806-21-day-fixers
  • tcxyz2011
    tcxyz2011 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    What happens on day 22?
  • FitPhillygirl
    Options
    tcxyz2011 wrote: »
    What happens on day 22?

Some people start the program again if they feel like they need to.
  • Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    @JessicasGold You are a lovely young lady. You have worked hard. Congratulations on your weight loss.
  • Carol_
    Options
    Is the Shakeology very expensive? Guess I could look it up?
  • Carol_
    Options
    One site said 24 packs for $129.00+ tax Is that about right? And you drink one a day?
  • FitPhillygirl
    Options
    Carol_ wrote: »
    One site said 24 packs for $129.00+ tax Is that about right? And you drink one a day?

I've done better on eBay. I purchased a 24 single packet box from a seller recently for $110 with free shipping. Turns out the regular chocolate did not agree with me so I ended up selling the rest of the packets to a few of my co workers.
  • jennileeb1680
    jennileeb1680 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    venuila wrote: »
    I've done two rounds, just doing the videos and following a 1200 calorie diet. Buy my own whey protein. First round I lost 10 lbs 10.25 inches. Second round I lost 4 lbs 4 inches.
    Would definitely recommend!!! I wanted to switch it up a little so just started insanity three days ago when I finished my second round but will definitely be doing it again. I miss the workouts too! My fave program so far. :)

starting today using this same idea - following my own diet just using workouts