Back on track

Options
Over the last 2 years I have found that whenever I don't log in my meals, I fall off track and start gaining weight back. That usually starts when I eat out. Unfortunately, eating out is too hard when you are trying to lose weight so I really have to ask a lot of questions to the waiter. Logging in keeps me accountable for what I am eating and I HAVE to do it in order to succeed.

Replies

• JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    I agree. The more accurate I am with my logging, the more successful I am. Sadly I've been sucking at this lately :(

Kudos to you for realizing and getting back on track.
  • britishbeau
    britishbeau Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    i always get the menu up for the place im eating at and choose something that fits my goals or work around it for the day. ive never once been anywhere that doesnt have the calorie content on the menus. just needs pre planning
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!

I agree, eating out is difficult. It's also an eye-opening experience. Like, do I really want to eat (roughly) 1,000 calories when I could 500?
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    I have no problem at all peppering the wait staff with question and asking for several substitutions when I go out! Almost every place I've been too are more than accomodating so there's never a problem. When I know I'm going out to eat I restrict my calories for the day or I do some extra exercise, to earn the eating out calories. It's not necessarily the types of food out but the portions, which are out of control at most places! After logging for almost two years with the exception of a couple of months I feel like I can eyeball portions pretty accurately. I've tested this and am always close within an ounce or gram or two. I log to be accountable :smile: Glad that you're back on track!