It is possible...35 pounds in 4 months

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,555 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Possible yes. Probable for most under 200lbs, not likely.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

I kept hearing that same thing. My brother is a personal trainer and is still blown away by my dedication and all of the hard work I put in. I wake up at 3:30am to workout for an hour and a half. Then on the weekends take those classes. It is amazing what the human body can do.
    It's still more about diet than working out. Working out is for fitness and health. Professional athletes workout hours and hours a day. But it's their eating habits that dictate whether they gain/lose/maintain weight.
    Most people aren't who need to lose aren't physically fit to begin with, then to lose 2lbs a week, they go on a 1,000 calorie deficit. You're speaking of doing more than twice that.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,555 Member
    Options
    My calories intake was 1400 a day as suggested by this app. I cut out alcohol during the week and went to the gym 7 days a week taking tabata and insanity classes and doing my own thing. Plus I started running. I am 5'7... Starting weight was 187.... I didn't starve myself in the least bit. I just ate really healthy. Even if that meant making myself separate meals then what I make my family. There is no huge secret... Do work.. Get results.
    Assuming here that ALL you ate was 1400 calories and didn't eat back any exercise calories?

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • blb85
    blb85 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Why are you harping on her for her extreme weight loss efforts? That's not the point of this board. The point is to congratulate her. Now give her the tips to succeed. You can't change what she already did, but we can help her going forward.
  • TaurianDoll
    TaurianDoll Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Great job and I love the gray shirt :)
  • cheflaurawalke
    cheflaurawalke Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Yes I only ate back part of my workout calories. Really only because they are so grossly exaggerated on this app. I realize losing weight is all about what you eat.. That is how I had such success to begin with but if you are tying to insinuate that I starved myself... You are completely wrong. If that were true I would never have the energy to workout as much as I do and as hard as I do. I am a chef so I have an awesome knowledge of what power foods are and how to get the most out of my calories.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    great job
  • nickylee76
    nickylee76 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    You look terrific!!! Good job!!
  • tmoser512
    tmoser512 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wow...that is amazing! Great job!!!!
  • kraft_kris
    kraft_kris Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I think I may have just found a reason to start using weights - so I can wear that shirt! Love it!!
  • ronlynjon
    ronlynjon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My calories intake was 1400 a day as suggested by this app. I cut out alcohol during the week and went to the gym 7 days a week taking tabata and insanity classes and doing my own thing. Plus I started running. I am 5'7... Starting weight was 187.... I didn't starve myself in the least bit. I just ate really healthy. Even if that meant making myself separate meals then what I make my family. There is no huge secret... Do work.. Get results.

AWESOME! Keep up the great work!
  • cheflaurawalke
    Options
    blb85 wrote: »
    Why are you harping on her for her extreme weight loss efforts? That's not the point of this board. The point is to congratulate her. Now give her the tips to succeed. You can't change what she already did, but we can help her going forward.

Thanks but that kind of crap doesn't bother me one bit. People talk *kitten* because you are chubby, people talk *kitten* because you are skinny. It's always something. I have three kids... One of which I just had in August... Maybe that's why my weight just fell off. All I know is that I have never felt better in my life nor have I been so strong physically. I just did the Murph Memorial Day workout in 53 minutes. You can't fake that kind of strength if you are starving yourself. Haha
  • MissLexiS
    MissLexiS Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!! :)
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    blb85 wrote: »

lol you certainly seem to know a lot about the purpose of MFP...
  • happygolucky721
    happygolucky721 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Keep up the great work. Photos LOOK AMAZING!
  • cheflaurawalke
    Options
    Honestly what I have done in the last four months has been more about the lifestyle change. I didn't set out for this high of a number this fast but apparently that's what happens when you put 110 percent into something.
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Yes I only ate back part of my workout calories. Really only because they are so grossly exaggerated on this app. I realize losing weight is all about what you eat.. That is how I had such success to begin with but if you are tying to insinuate that I starved myself... You are completely wrong. If that were true I would never have the energy to workout as much as I do and as hard as I do. I am a chef so I have an awesome knowledge of what power foods are and how to get the most out of my calories.

That is awesome! Please share some ideas if you have any. I try to avoid processed foods, but it is difficult since I'm never sure what to cook or how to count the calories afterwards.

You look so amazing!! Great job!!!!
  • nickycat73
    nickycat73 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!! Great job with hard work!! Don't let anyone rain on your parade!!
  • Stayhuman853
    Stayhuman853 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • believeinme0430
    believeinme0430 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Kimmy82109
    Kimmy82109 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I lost 30lbs in 3.5 months. It's possible.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!