Hi, I'm new

Options
:sad: Not new to weight loss, just beginning a new day with trying to start a lifestyle change. The past 7 months have been horrible. I managed to lose 11 lbs but gained it back from falling off the wagon. I have to admit I just love to eat and dine out. I joined a gym and went faithfully each day but was not losing lbs, only inches and got discouraged and stopped going. I am here trying this for the last time. I have to change. i am unhappy with the way I look and feel.

Replies

• Swilley25
    Swilley25 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I completely understand where you are, I lost almost 30 lbs and gained it back plus some. We are very social people and its hard to stay on a routine, if you want to be fitnesspal buddies let me know, we can exchange numbers or facebook names in addition to keeping ourselves on track here....Good Luck

Just so you know, this is my first day back too!!
  • falonjohle
    falonjohle Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    losing inches are great!! don't get down because the scale doesn't move.. keep it up!!
  • nuviag
    nuviag Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Yo YO dieting...Guilty..

Welcome!
  • italiangirl81
    Options
    Yesterday was my first day back too!!! I feel off the wagon a while ago (had lost almost 40 lbs last year) only to gain it all back. Being motivated is so hard, but I see more and more every day that I'm not happy with the person looking back at me. Temptations be dammed, this has to happen, and it has to happen now. I've made far too many excuses, now it's time to get on track.

Let's do this!! Would be happy to join you on your journey.....kick *kitten* together!!! :smile:
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! It is a story that we all know and we know just how you feel. So, keep your head up and keep up with watching what goes in and what calories are burned. You, can do this and we are he for you if you need us!! Best wishes and remember that quiters never win!!
    Shelia
  • wvmark41
    wvmark41 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Stick with the program. Be honest with yourself.

You can do it.
  • blanchard32
    Options
    I'm exactly like you guys. This is day one for me too!. I have been working out here and there and trying to eat right. But nothing too consistent. We are very social as well. I love to cook and eat out. If anyone wants a weight loss buddy I'm in!
  • AdGalicia
    AdGalicia Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I totally know the feeling!!! Nothing has ever stuck with me until I joined MFP, I can definitely say that this site has made me change my lifestyle. It is just what I needed. It has beed 4 weeks and I am down 9 lbs, sure its a slow process but it is working and slowly my body is learning new habits :) feel free to add me if you want. Good Luck on your journey