Fought through the sadness, now I want to live

Options
Hey there. My name is Kelly, Kelly for short. I will be turning 41 next week. Over the last 7 years, I struggled with my weight. I was very thin before that, but after a bought of depression, I got up to 306 lbs. In March of 2010, I had gastric bypass and was able to drop a significant amount of weight through the surgery, exercise and diet.
In the last couple of months, I began a fight with depression again and sadly, with the help of medication and bad diet choices, I put back on 25 lbs.
I have fought very hard to regain my life, not for myself, but for my husband and my children. (Although all but one are out of the house now) I work hard to inspire and encourage each of them, be their support. My husband is and very hard worker, dedicated husband and father, who has his own health struggles. I need to be healthy so that I can care for him.
Sooooooooo. ..... all of that to say, I would like to drop not just the recent 20 lbs I added, but another 20-25 lbs. That would put me at a pretty reasonable weight.
I would appreciate any suggestions, support, feedback, etc and if I can be of any help or encouragement to anyone, I would love to be apart of the community.
Thank you so much, kel

Replies

• kelsnewlife
    kelsnewlife Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Etd.... that should have said kel for short lol, don't know how to fix it, sorry :(
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Hi there, so glad that your doing better now and feeling well again! Congratulations on your weight loss and don't worry too much about the pounds you put back on, you can fix that .your in the right place ! :-)
  • kelsnewlife
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Hi there, so glad that your doing better now and feeling well again! Congratulations on your weight loss and don't worry too much about the pounds you put back on, you can fix that .your in the right place ! :-)

Thank you so much! It was hard to go up a size when I had felt thinner for so long :( But, life is all about hills and valleys....
    I am just ready to shake it off and get it back together. Thanks again. :)
  • sstrack123
    sstrack123 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like.
  • history_grrrl
    history_grrrl Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear you are struggling. I just want to encourage you to get counseling for the depression if you aren't already talking to someone - especially since the recent weight gain may be making you feel worse. Also, I was struck (and a little saddened) that you say you want to get back on track for your husband and kids, not yourself. I understand that you love your family and want to care for them, but please do think about yourself too. This kind of journey may be harder to sustain over the long haul if you are not coming from a place of self-caring and self-love. I hope you can find that within yourself.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Well, you've already overcome so much, this will just be one more thing. You've got this!
  • marvynclark
    marvynclark Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey there. My name is Kelly, Kelly for short. I will be turning 41 next week. Over the last 7 years, I struggled with my weight. I was very thin before that, but after a bought of depression, I got up to 306 lbs. In March of 2010, I had gastric bypass and was able to drop a significant amount of weight through the surgery, exercise and diet.
    In the last couple of months, I began a fight with depression again and sadly, with the help of medication and bad diet choices, I put back on 25 lbs.
    I have fought very hard to regain my life, not for myself, but for my husband and my children. (Although all but one are out of the house now) I work hard to inspire and encourage each of them, be their support. My husband is and very hard worker, dedicated husband and father, who has his own health struggles. I need to be healthy so that I can care for him.
    Sooooooooo. ..... all of that to say, I would like to drop not just the recent 20 lbs I added, but another 20-25 lbs. That would put me at a pretty reasonable weight.
    I would appreciate any suggestions, support, feedback, etc and if I can be of any help or encouragement to anyone, I would love to be apart of the community.
    Thank you so much, kel

Hi Kelly feel free to add me I will help in any way I can ,respect to your husband !!
  • xquisiteluv
    xquisiteluv Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    SW 250
    CW 212
    GW 150
    want to lose about 50 60lbs myself looking for motivation and friends feel free to add me my name is Luekisha I'm 26 a mother of 2 and I'm from NJ btw...With the support and encouragement from others we all can do this!! Stay blessed everyone! :)
  • kelsnewlife
    Options
    Thank you all for your encouraging replies, it means a lot.
    I guess I don't say I want to get healthy for me cuz I don't really think much of myself. I concentrate on my children and my husband's MS so that I don't have to worry about me. Even though the kids are pretty grown and my husband does really well, I am all too aware that there may be a day that He will face a wheelchair. And if that day comes, we will face it together and I will need to be in top physical/emotional health to care for him in the strength and beauty He deserves.
    I face this not as needing to lose a few pounds, but gearing up to help my husband fight a war. I thank yall so much for your support...
  • elsnewtonn
    elsnewtonn Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey, feel free to add me
  • wcope0412
    wcope0412 Posts: 97 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Kel!!! Don't worry if you need help we got you girl!! You got this!! Look at what you have already been through and have accomplished don't worry about the lbs that was put back on.,, that's just a number that's going to disappear again anyway!! Lol glad you are feeling better on a serious note.

Feel free to add
  • kelsnewlife
    Options
    wcope0412 wrote: »
    Kel!!! Don't worry if you need help we got you girl!! You got this!! Look at what you have already been through and have accomplished don't worry about the lbs that was put back on.,, that's just a number that's going to disappear again anyway!! Lol glad you are feeling better on a serious note.

Feel free to add

Awe, thank you!! I'm so glad I'm here!!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I understand with depression it can be hard to do things for yourself. But try :smile: Take a moment a day for yourself
    I've battled with depression since fifth grade. I have learned and am learning how to take better care of myself. for myself. It takes time and determination which can be hard too.
    But you are here. congratulations on taking this step.
  • kelsnewlife
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    I understand with depression it can be hard to do things for yourself. But try :smile: Take a moment a day for yourself
    I've battled with depression since fifth grade. I have learned and am learning how to take better care of myself. for myself. It takes time and determination which can be hard too.
    But you are here. congratulations on taking this step.

Thank you for sharing and thank you for the kind words..
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I'm cheering you on to all success. The longer I hang around MFP, the more admiration I have for the body builders, who deliberately bulk up for a time, then "cut" it by restricting their diet. They manage control in ways I can only imagine. I dread the scale going up, and I only have faint confidence that I can tip it the other way. I'd like to borrow some of their confidence.
  • saramatthews919
    saramatthews919 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I understand I battle with body weight Dysphmorphia & anxiety which causes panic attacks I keep a picture diary if how my weight loss is progressing so when I'm down & feel like I've not achieved anything when I look in the mirror I have physical evidence to show myself.
    I have lost 4 stone before I joined mfp & 1 stone since being on here
    Good Luck on your journey
  • kelsnewlife
    Options
    Thank you both...
  • vwagar
    vwagar Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    DONT GIVE UP
  • vwagar
    Options
    YOU ARE WORTH THIS...I FEEL YOUR PAIN AND CAN IDENTIFY...PROPER AND DIET HAVE HELPED ME RID MY DEPRESSION...I PRAY FOR YOU TO HAVE THE SAME LUCK...HOPEFULLY MINE WILL LAST A LIFETIME!!
  • vwagar
    Options
    PROPER DIET AND EXERCISE I MEAN HAVE HEPLED ME