Options

Replies

• northernlights907
    Options
    Good job! You look so much younger!!
  • jessdeweerdt
    jessdeweerdt Posts: 128
    Options
    You look amazing!! Congratulations - I know it is hard work! I'm on day one of my 30lbs goal. I just joined mfp today. I've been trying to lose weight my whole life and can't seem to keep it off. Anybody have any suggestions??
  • fraya1
    fraya1 Posts: 34
    Options
    Awesome, you look great!
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    nice job
  • saltorian
    saltorian Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much, everyone! The encouragement and compliments totally inspire me to keep going -- I hope I've inspired all you, too! Let's all keep working hard together!
  • lauralhicks
    lauralhicks Posts: 168
    Options
    :smokin: smokin
  • cpanzeri
    cpanzeri Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    WOOT!! WOOT!! Celebrating with a happy dance!! You look great!! Keep it up!!
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, a totally different person. Well done.
  • chrissydv
    chrissydv Posts: 1
    Options
    Just started and I have lost 6 pounds.... can't wait to be where you are - good for you girl !! Inspiring !
  • connieholiday
    Options
    woohooo!!! you look amazing!!! great job!!!! I could use some good advice if you have any. I am new on here and am giving it my all, but the more help and support the better!!!! Have a great week!:smile:
  • saltorian
    saltorian Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    woohooo!!! you look amazing!!! great job!!!! I could use some good advice if you have any. I am new on here and am giving it my all, but the more help and support the better!!!! Have a great week!:smile:

My best little nugget of advice is this: Don't be afraid to cut your own path when it comes to choosing what you eat. Before I started all this, I always had the *intention* to eat healthier and lose weight, but it seemed so hard because the people around me weren't interested in changing their habits at all. How could I lose weight when my friends and partner always wanted to get fast food or make bacon sandwiches for lunch? I had to completely step back from our old way of eating. My partner and I essentially stopped sharing meals -- she ate her junk, and I ate the healthier foods that I chose. We had to shop separately, cook separately, and eat separately for a while.

But, guess what? It wasn't the end of the world. Our relationship was still OK, and my friends didn't resent my choosing differently from them as much as I thought they would. It became the "new normal." And now, my partner has even (finally!) gotten onboard with MFP and started walking with me.

Good luck!
  • hjfischer
    hjfischer Posts: 250
    Options
    You look fantastic! Good work!
  • HeyGrlHey
    HeyGrlHey Posts: 640
    Options
    beautiful!
  • cathys01
    cathys01 Posts: 221
    Options
    You look amazing and you must be so proud of yourself!!! Way to go. This gives me such encouragement.
  • shimmergal
    shimmergal Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    fabulous! Great progress. Keep doing what you are doing as it is working!
  • CirrusMoth
    CirrusMoth Posts: 35
    Options
    But, guess what? It wasn't the end of the world. Our relationship was still OK, and my friends didn't resent my choosing differently from them as much as I thought they would. It became the "new normal." And now, my partner has even (finally!) gotten onboard with MFP and started walking with me.

What can I say? You look wonderful and I want to share in what is making you so happy! Besides, you know me...now it's a competition. ;-)

I love you and I'm looking forward to teasing the guys.
  • bright_idea
    Options
    That's amazing! Congrats :D
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! :)
  • meshellw
    meshellw Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!!!! Greta job!!!
  • kcalli0429
    kcalli0429 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    way to go ! You look Great !
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!