Who uses the Nike plus ipod sensor?

Options
krislshoe
krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
Was thinking about getting the Nike ipod sensor to track my runs, pace etc......how many of you use it and do you like?

Replies

• yankeefamily05
    Options
    My husband had it. Worked great! Until he got it wet!! Now it doesn't work. But other than that it worked great for him!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I have it in my new shoes, but havent tried it yet, was still trying the runkeeper app, I think I will try it soon.
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I use it, like it, but there are better things out there for running. It tends to be off on distance, and sometimes on long runs that can be a huge PIA. :)
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I have it and use a pouch that ties to my sholaces for the sensor. I like it, but I am not an official runner yet. I just started doing the C25K. I use the Nike+ system with my iPod Nano.
  • krueandliz
    krueandliz Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Bith my husband and I have been using it for a couple of years. We both love it. It is a huge motivator. The sensors do wear out and have to be replaced every couple of years but they are only 14.00. I think I am on my 3rd one. I seriously cannot run without one now, because I want the proof that I actually moved my butt. Also, it keeps track of the your calories burned.
  • rosalita67
    rosalita67 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I use miCoach from Addids, and i will never go back to anything else.. having your own personal trainer on every walk/run is the best, tells you to pick up the pace of slow down. You program your workouts online, to either lose weight or train for a marathon.
    And follow the schedule

here is the link to check out: http://www.adidas.com/ca/micoach/#Start/sdf/mdf
  • jackiekjames
    Options
    I use it, along with the shoes because I do not have an iphone. If you have an iPhone save your self some money and just purchase the app for $2. It is loads more accurate for your distance and the app has more features than the iPod version.

It has its pro's an con's. I enjoy using the site to set goals and following training programs and see exactly how far i've gone and other stats that it keeps up with....the best thing about it is that it will broadcast your runs to facebook as well.

I don't like that it doesn't have a program that will tell you when to start and stop running for a particular amount of time. You're on your own when it comes to that. As a brand new runner this would be EXTREMELY helpful to me.

If you have any other questions about it, feel free to message me..i'll be glad to answer them...:)

Best of Luck on whatever you decide!
  • jackiekjames
    Options
    I use miCoach from Addids, and i will never go back to anything else.. having your own personal trainer on every walk/run is the best, tells you to pick up the pace of slow down. You program your workouts online, to either lose weight or train for a marathon.
    And follow the schedule

here is the link to check out: http://www.adidas.com/ca/micoach/#Start/sdf/mdf

Thank you SOOOOO much for posting this...i can't wait to look into it...it sounds just like what I have been looking for...I assumed (incorrectly) that the nike+ would do this and it has fallen slightly short of my expectations :( thanks again!
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I use my nike + with the touch nano daily. At first it seemed pretty inaccurate and then I recalibrated it and now it is within .20 of a mile which is acceptable for me. I like that you have stats with one click to your ear so I do not have to stop and try to check the screen to know my pace etc.

The site is pretty cool for setting up goals and what not but it functions a little slow. I have tested it on a few different comps and services and all were slow it seemed. I also had a heck of a time trying to get anything to load to FB. At this time I just dont bother trying to load to FB cause it just does not work. I am sure if I dig into it a little I can get it to work. I think the challenges are super cool too and give you some cool long term goals. I have not interacted with others on the site yet so I cannot comment on that. the congrats videos are pretty cool and funny when you hit different levels. I just made orange level and the dude from Anchorman (Bald dude, sorry I do not know his name) came on and gave me congrats and a joke or two.

So far I am pleased and would love to join up with some MFP'ers on there and set up a challenge or something for just us.

My name is the same on there as it is here so feel free to add me. :glasses:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I just got it and I love it! I've only done 3 or 4 runs with it, but so far it's great. I have it set up to tell me my pace and total time running every 5 minutes, so every 5 minutes my lady will be like "It's been 5 minutes, your current pace is 7:05 per kilometer". You can set it for kilometers or miles. I did kms because I got it for my 5k last weekend. You can also set it up so the voice encourages you or says stuff to you - I haven't tried that out yet, haha. It tracks calories but it's not accurate. I wear my hrm and it's usually a good 50-100 calories off so don't count on that, you need a HRM for that for sure.
  • ddixonuk
    ddixonuk Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ive got the Nike + App on my iphone. Its great, very accurate and keeps me motivated.