Food ideas

Options
I'm a Home Respite Worker so I'm not home most of the day. Just wondering if anybody has some ideas what I could eat everyday? Sometimes my job can be very active. I'm stick of feeling like crap after eating rubbish so I want to change that.

Replies

• htg20
    htg20 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Boiled eggs, baked sweet potato, pre-cooked chicken, avocado half, soybeans (just discovered I love these straight out of the pod, after microwaving). These are all ideas from my lunches this week. I do clinical at a medical office.
  • plumsparkle
    plumsparkle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I have a few go to meals for work that are easy but filling. I have a 'base' of brown rice, quinoa or lentils (if i am feeling lazy, i buy 2min rice or ready to eat packets of quinoa lol), top with chopped salad veg, (cucumber, celery, peppers, avocado, onion, tomatoes etc etc) then add either a tin of tuna, chicken (i cook extra and freeze in portion sizes, chopped and just chuck it in the lunchbox frozen) or occasionally ham or something. If i have spare calories i add a dressing (usually yogurt and mint). It is tasty, fills me up for hours, and if i am having a manic day, its easier to eat in several goes, in between other things! And because i mix up different bases, toppings and salad, it doesn't feel like i am eating the same thing all the time
  • plumsparkle
    plumsparkle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Tho having read htg20's reply, i can see chopped boiled eggs being added to the mix, especially with tuna and green beans mmmm
  • Niamhy678
    Niamhy678 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! I will take note of these in the morning :)