Shakeology

Options
A friend of mine gave me a weeks supply of Shakeology.
I really like it but before I order it for myself I want to hear
from people who have tried it.
What do you like or not like about it?
If you have tried it and stopped using it what was the reason?
Have you lost weight by using this product?
Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Scammy scam scam scam.

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

Are you open to honest answers because if you are committed to doing it then you will not like the answers from the "mean" people?
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Food tastes better.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    It's a scam.
    It's a sham.
    It's a flim-flam.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Is your a friend a distributor? Sounds like they may have given you a free sample to get you to purchase more.

Honestly its a pyramid scheme and not really worth it. Real food is better.
  • cheryleandjohn
    cheryleandjohn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »

Are you open to honest answers because if you are committed to doing it then you will not like the answers from the "mean" people?

Yes, I want honest answers...
  • njf87
    njf87 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I tried it for a few months, I went through 2 bags.

It's not terrible, just really expensive. I think last time I did the math it was like $5/scoop or something insane

Retail $130 for 30 servings comes out to $130/30 = $4.33 PER SCOOP
    Once you add in shipping it puts you closer to $5 per scoop. Now, think about the other ingredients you have to buy to make your smoothie taste good and It's really not worth it. At that price you could just go to planet smoothie and just buy one. (Though you don't really want to do this either since most of those shakes are just high calorie/high carb shakes)

Most other protein powders are between $1-$2/scoop. It's true Shakeolgy has some other stuff in it that other protein powders don't, but you could probably take a 10 cent Multivitamin daily and get most of the same benefits.

Can Shakeology help you lose weight? If used as part of a diet where your total calorie consumption is less than your Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE) then yes it can. But so can almost any other food. There's nothing magical about Shakeology. If you think it will help you stick to your diet then go ahead. But keep in mind you are paying a high premium for what is essentially hyped up protein powder.

Another word of advice, if you opt for their auto shipment to save on shipping, make sure you set the shipping schedule to 1 bag every 2 months to start. Otherwise you will quickly find yourself getting bag after bag MUCH faster than you can finish them.
  • njf87
    njf87 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The world of nutrition and dieting can be very confusing until you understand how it actually works.

What really helped me get a grip on what kind of dietary changes I needed to make was reading through this http://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/wiki/getting_started

It's a good starting point for helping you define your goals and understanding what kind of diet and/or exercise you need to achieve those goals.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I drank Shakeology for 3 months.

It did nothing for me except take $140 out of my pocket every month.

It also made me incredibly nauseous and gave me severe abdominal pain.
  • HerkMeOff2
    HerkMeOff2 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    ASKyle wrote: »
    Food tastes better.

This.

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    My opinion: Your friend is trying to make money off of you. Don't fall for it.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    With friends like that...
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    With friends like that...

All of this ^^
  • cheryleandjohn
    cheryleandjohn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    My opinion: Your friend is trying to make money off of you. Don't fall for it.

My friend isn't trying to make money from me at all. She isnt a distributor of the product.
    She was telling me what she does and could care less if I order or not.
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    It will put you at a calorie deficit and sure, you will lose weight, but you can also do that eating food. Don't do anything to lose weight that you cannot do for the rest of your life. After all you'll need to maintain that weight loss and can you really live off of these shakes forever?
  • Equus5374
    Equus5374 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I've been using Shakeology off and on for quite some time. I'm beginning to realize that for me, it's not worth the money. Yes, there are some healthy ingredients but it's nothing you can't get in ordinary food. I do like it for its pre- and probiotics. It's really up to you if you want to spend the money. Some people don't like the taste - I personally like the regular chocolate. I mix a scoop of it in Greek vanilla yogurt and it comes out like chocolate mousse. But you can buy protein shakes for much less money and see the same results. Shakeology isn't the savior of the world like some people say it is, but it can be a useful tool in your health journey. It's just a matter of what you prefer and if you want to spend the money to purchase it.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I love shakeology. After continued use it decreases cravings and I lost about 3 pounds with two weeks of having it everyday. There's also amazing recipes for food instead of shakes such as shakeology pancakes that are to die for. Just use chocolate shakeology 1scoop, two egg whites, splash of some milk, (until cake batter consistency) preferably almond or coconut and put on the stove :) and then top it with fruits and maybe some peanut butter or Greek yogurt or honey. Seriously to die for. I have it every morning for breakfast and it keeps me full for hours and guilt free :) so worth the money

Wait, didn't you just start another thread about eating terrible foods, feeling disgusting, and wanting a detox or cleanse?

Is this part of the terrible foods you're eating?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    I love shakeology. After continued use it decreases cravings and I lost about 3 pounds with two weeks of having it everyday. There's also amazing recipes for food instead of shakes such as shakeology pancakes that are to die for. Just use chocolate shakeology 1scoop, two egg whites, splash of some milk, (until cake batter consistency) preferably almond or coconut and put on the stove :) and then top it with fruits and maybe some peanut butter or Greek yogurt or honey. Seriously to die for. I have it every morning for breakfast and it keeps me full for hours and guilt free :) so worth the money
    Yet you need to "cleanse" according to another thread you made?
    The truth is that it's just a low quality meal replacement that costs a lot of money so that MLM model succeeds for the people at the top.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    My opinion is....it's not a good plan if it's not going to train you to eat in a healthy way for the long term. You need to learn what smaller portions look or feel like. You need to find out what foods make you feel full. You don't want to stop what ever you're doing and then gain all the weight back. You want to gradually get to what you're going to be eating for the rest of your life.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    76rdrw8a7gyf.jpg

So you got the numbers from Shakelogy promotional material. I'm sure they're very accurate.