What have you learned about yourself?

Options
Creiche
Creiche Posts: 264 Member
As I sit here, fighting a slight water weight gain that's been plaguing me for about a week, I realized that this is exactly where I would have given up in the past...but now, this bump is making me even more determined to focus and get past this.

So what have you all learned about yourselves during your journey? Can be mental, physical, emotional...anything!

I've learned and am still learning the value of being confident in myself and working hard when things get tough. It's easy to stay focused and motivated when things are going well, but it's how I react when thrown a curveball that really matters and I used to really struggle with that.

Replies

• Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I've learned that I don't have to feel like I'm starving to death to lose weight. I've learned I LIKE exercise! Me, the couch potato queen! Who'da thunk it?
  • Dellonious1
    Dellonious1 Posts: 209
    Options
    I have learned that mind over matter does work... I was a Pepsi-Holic for 8 years I would drink 8 or more cans per day. I stopped cold turkey, Have been Pepsi free for 2 months now...
    I keep telling myself I CAN and WILL do this..:bigsmile:
  • sla0814
    sla0814 Posts: 240
    Options
    I've learned and am still learning the value of being confident in myself and working hard when things get tough. It's easy to stay focused and motivated when things are going well, but it's how I react when thrown a curveball that really matters and I used to really struggle with that.
    [/quote]

Ahhh! SO true, it's like you're in my head lol. I'm learning that this journey is not a sprint, it's a marathon. I'm learning that there are going to be bumps in the road but it's how I move FORWARD and not beat myself up for it! I'm learning to not take my health for granted and to be happy in today and in the little victories. Too often we have failed in our weight loss journies in the past because all we see is the finish line and get mad if we don't get there in a week. It's a continous struggle but I'm learning to NOT let food take control of me when I'm dealing with the hard things in life. We have to feel those emotions, deal with it in a healthy manner, and move forward...Not self medicate with food.

If we're putting in the work today, we'll see the results tomorrow...PATIENCE:)

God bless:)
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I have learned that i am totally addicted to exercise and healthy eating and that i can totally do this :smile:
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    It all starts (or ends) with a thought
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    I have learned I am a great starter, but never finish, to reach my goal. I am addicted to simple carbs. I hate to drink water, but can if I try really hard. I love to see the results of all my hard work paying off. Wish it came faster.:wink:
  • elaine8255
    elaine8255 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've learned that berating myself when i've slipped up isn't worth the mental anguish. I am making a constant effort to change the voice in my head, and treat each new challenge withe fierceness instead of the shame blame game.
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I've learned that getting older doesn't have to be all bad! I'm much more patient with my weight loss and fluctuations, and I have so much more confidence in myself. I WILL be in better shape in my 40's than in my 30's, and I CAN run instead of walk. How cool is it to keep being amazed by what our bodies can do?!?! :happy:
  • Creiche
    Creiche Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    It all starts (or ends) with a thought

So true. It's single doubting, bad thoughts that have brought my progress to a screeching halt, not just in weight loss, too many times before. I've learned that for every one of these thoughts where I beat myself up for no reason, I disregard two or three positive thoughts so now I try to focus on starting from them instead.