Plastic surgery

Options
No not to lose weight.

My mom looked at my goal today and couldn't believe i had 195 lbs to lose until I showed her my goal weight and how it falls in the middle of my suggested healthy weight,

She then looked at me and said you are going to need a lot of plastic surgery. I have never considered this. Has anyone on here lost the amount I am looking for? Do you required plastic surgery after for extra skin? Do you need it for anything else?

Replies

• paintmelucky
    Options
    It really depends on how YOU feel...you never know how your skin will recover but your self esteme will be so great that it wont matter <3
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Several people on here have lost as much (if not more) than you and didn't need plastic surgery. If you lose it slowly, the right and healthy way, and drink plenty of water your skin will bounce right back. Have no fear and keep going on your weight loss journey!
  • suzumichan
    suzumichan Posts: 127
    Options
    from a family member (One of mine) Had lost over 190+ lbs but she ended up having the weight lose surgery. During that time she didn't need plastic surgery for the "extra" skin she had. While she was healing from the weight lost surgery she began working out (short walks and watching what she ate etc) and while she was doing that she was using St. Ive's firming lotion which gave it a extra boost.

I would try using the St. Ive's firming lotion while working out and it may help before thinkin about plastic surgery.
  • FierceFox81
    FierceFox81 Posts: 89
    Options
    Personally no...but I do have a close family friend that lost over 100+ lbs. She did get surgery. I know she had her arms done, stomach area and around her neck. She's an amazing women, always has been. It was crazy to watch her transform herself over the years. Her spirit shined more and more as she reached goals and became a healthier person. I think she had her surgeries done in the Minneapolis, MN area. But I'm not positive.
  • rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Several people on here have lost as much (if not more) than you and didn't need plastic surgery. If you lose it slowly, the right and healthy way, and drink plenty of water your skin will bounce right back. Have no fear and keep going on your weight loss journey!

I completely agree! Slow and steady wins the race (and the bouce-back skin)!
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    Options
    It all depends on several factors. How long you've been overweight, how much elasticity your skin has, how old you are. Younger people have a tendency to recover better than someone in their 50's or 60's. Look at your mom, has she aged well? Yes, it's possible not to need plastic surgery, but I know a few people that have had the lower body lift and Owwwww boy does that hurt. Thats one very painful surgery. I had a girlfriend who had her "apron" removed and she was left with a anchor type scar that went completely around her body and ran up and down as well. You look pretty young, so I bet you wouldn't need it. Any plastic surgery is not to go into lightly. Very painful recovery, sometimes.
  • FTIM2015
    FTIM2015 Posts: 460 Member
    Options

I completely agree! Slow and steady wins the race (and the bouce-back skin)!

^^^THIS!

Loose it sensibly, drink plenty of water, and exercise and your skin should come back with you.

I'm destined for a breast lift when I hit target weight I think :(
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    You are on a road to health. Loose skin or not it is worth losing weight. You will feel better and look better too.
    Here is what I have read to help prevent loose skin:
    Drink water!
    Release weight slow-no more than 2-3 lbs a week!
    Moisturize morning and before bed with a good lotion: Collagen cream, Stretch mark pregnancy cream, Pure Shea butter, Pure cocoa butter.
    Weight train and build muscle.
    Exfoliate skin. Scrub skin. Loofah and body scrub.
    Tighten stomach muscles all day.

As others have said age, how long you've carried the weight, and genetics play a role in how skin bounces back. But trust me. Lose skin or not losing the weight is all worth your effort. Great job getting started!
  • xxCelestexx
    xxCelestexx Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. My mom had me wondering.