weightloss without completely cutting alcohol?

Options

Replies

• Jaxxie1181
    Jaxxie1181 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I don't deprive myself of the occasional adult beverage, although I don't drink as much as 4-5 drinks per week. I'll have a cocktail or a shot if I'm dining out for a special occasion. I just track it and move on.
  • laceylorene190
    laceylorene190 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yeah, Same here...if they pour it & I'm paying $5 for a vodka I'll drink it, & expect it to be little strong. I do however, watch what I mix it with...only water or sometimes tonic & lime... occasionally I'll drink wine instead, like tonight...but I log it.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    What threw me off for awhile was only logging 1 oz of liquor though. Drinks don't have 1 oz of liquor like ever. I was just being daft though.

That's true. I usually have mixed drinks at home and beer when I'm out. If I do have one while I'm out, I accept the extra OR I have been known to have a discussion with the bartender to give me an HONEST shot. I usually try to tip more if they do. I'm not a young buck anymore and I want my drinks to be tasty and not just pure whiskey with a splash of Coke. I'm kind of a pick *kitten* that way. :#

wait you tip more for less alcohol???????????? Are we in some kind of weird paradox here?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Yeah, Same here...if they pour it & I'm paying $5 for a vodka I'll drink it, & expect it to be little strong. I do however, watch what I mix it with...only water or sometimes tonic & lime... occasionally I'll drink wine instead, like tonight...but I log it.

I can't even buy a drink for $5. Maybe a PBR.
  • ndj1979
    Options

ha, NYC sucks.. :)

$5 PBR's …they are like $2 down here, sometimes less….
  • laceylorene190
    laceylorene190 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Damn, I thought It was expensive here in Fl. Lol
  • arditarose
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

ha, NYC sucks.. :)

$5 PBR's …they are like $2 down here, sometimes less….

You can get them pretty cheap sometimes, maybe 3 if it's like half price hipster night.

My Bulleit rye's on the rocks are usually 9-12 bucks.
  • arditarose
    Options
    What threw me off for awhile was only logging 1 oz of liquor though. Drinks don't have 1 oz of liquor like ever. I was just being daft though.

That's true. I usually have mixed drinks at home and beer when I'm out. If I do have one while I'm out, I accept the extra OR I have been known to have a discussion with the bartender to give me an HONEST shot. I usually try to tip more if they do. I'm not a young buck anymore and I want my drinks to be tasty and not just pure whiskey with a splash of Coke. I'm kind of a pick *kitten* that way. :#

wait you tip more for less alcohol???????????? Are we in some kind of weird paradox here?

If I want pure whiskey, I'd order a shot. If I want whiskey mixed with soda, I want a good mix. I don't need to get blitzed on one drink. I like to take my time and I don't want it to taste like sipping on gasiline. Although, Jameson can be sipped, most whiskey needs a good mix to get the optimal enjoyment for me. I'm picky.

What kind of whiskey are you drinking?! I can't mix it. But it's my favorite drink.
  • ndj1979
    Options

If I want pure whiskey, I'd order a shot. If I want whiskey mixed with soda, I want a good mix. I don't need to get blitzed on one drink. I like to take my time and I don't want it to taste like sipping on gasoline. Although, Jameson can be sipped, most whiskey needs a good mix to get the optimal enjoyment for me. I'm picky.

I was messing with you man ..LOL ..

but I get your point..some things are better off enjoyed ….
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I like a good scotch on the rocks..

vodka water is my usual go to …but I also like a good whiskey as well ….bullet rye is pretty good...
  • arditarose
    Options
    Kessler s cause its less expensive and mixes well. Jameson is probably my favorite, but it's a bit more expensive so I don't get it all that often.

Oh okay. Jameson is my cheaper go to. I can sip it too though.
  • arditarose
    Options

vodka water is my usual go to …but I also like a good whiskey as well ….bullet rye is pretty good...

Do you mean vodka and soda water?
  • ndj1979
    Options

no, I like vodka, water, lemon :)
  • arditarose
    Options

Interesting. I might try. I was drinking vodka and soda water last week because I knew there would be hours of BBQing and I couldn't get away with beers and whiskey for hours on end.
  • ndj1979
    Options

Interesting. I might try. I was drinking vodka and soda water last week because I knew there would be hours of BBQing and I couldn't get away with beers and whiskey for hours on end.

it is refreshing …

the water rehydrates you kind of ..however, they can be dangerous because you think "oh, I am drinking water with this" when in reality the vodka probably cancels out the water ….
  • arditarose
    Options
    Kessler s cause its less expensive and mixes well. Jameson is probably my favorite, but it's a bit more expensive so I don't get it all that often.

Oh okay. Jameson is my cheaper go to. I can sip it too though.

You are too high class for me. Or you make more money than me. Or both. I'm good with that

No money, unfortunately.
  • arditarose
    Options

it is refreshing …

the water rehydrates you kind of ..however, they can be dangerous because you think "oh, I am drinking water with this" when in reality the vodka probably cancels out the water ….

I'm a little nervous but I will try. Why lemon and not lime?