weightloss without completely cutting alcohol?

Options
13»

Replies

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    I used to go out with koreans too much. That damned soju is 527 cals/bottle, and we could put away at least 2 each per person on a slow night.
  • joyfulton94
    joyfulton94 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I budget calories for a jack and Pepsi most every night it's Kentucky girl wine lol. The only restriction I have is that I must drink all 4 of my bottles of water for the day before I can have it.
  • margoinchicago
    margoinchicago Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I do love to relax with a glass of wine at the end of the day. I always work it into my calorie "budget" and because I am trying to lose (and still want to eat healthy) I try my best to get workouts in to account for all my cheat items. That might be wine, a piece of candy, or a business lunch that was high calorie. Alcohol and weight loss can coexist! To me, it's just a math game....and I am winning!!! :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    I like a good scotch on the rocks..

vodka water is my usual go to …but I also like a good whiskey as well ….bullet rye is pretty good...

Do you mean vodka and soda water?

no, I like vodka, water, lemon :)

Interesting. I might try. I was drinking vodka and soda water last week because I knew there would be hours of BBQing and I couldn't get away with beers and whiskey for hours on end.

it is refreshing …

the water rehydrates you kind of ..however, they can be dangerous because you think "oh, I am drinking water with this" when in reality the vodka probably cancels out the water ….

I'm a little nervous but I will try. Why lemon and not lime?

Personal preference:)
  • tedm1969
    tedm1969 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It is harder because alcohol is loaded with calories and significantly stifles muscle growth long after you consume it.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I will admit I probably drink more than I should... But I always count it in my daily calories and make room for it. It definitely can be done but you will get hungry, especially when you're drunk. If you are prone to, "drunken munchies," it can be very very very difficult.