Need help!!!

Options
To get started working out , with a lot of weight to loss?! What is a good way to start when u r so out of shape lol?

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Start with walking. Its pretty flexible, allowing you to go as fast (or not) as you can handle.
  • jennifer161513
    jennifer161513 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good ideal thank you :)
  • tudoroaks4
    tudoroaks4 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Walk. No need to jump into anything fancy to start out.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Just do it. I started going to the gym April 1st of this year. I am 30 years old, had never been to a gym, I had a 5 month old baby and before him was never really that active. I just decided enough was enough signed up and now I'm happily at the gym at least 4 days a week, I love it!
  • joyfulton94
    joyfulton94 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Water aerobics or aqua zumba! Loss impact so easy on the joints. I love it!
  • kutedaisy
    kutedaisy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I ride stationary bike and catch up on my shows on dvr
  • cmws8198
    cmws8198 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Walking or maybe the elliptical
  • Jmgkamp
    Jmgkamp Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Started 3/4, at 219 pounds, 5'2" and 42 yo. Just walked on treadmill. Gradually, over the next month, I added elliptical and some water aerobics, now with almost 40 pounds gone I'm in the gym for 60 min each day, I'm faster and I burn more. I use the elliptical, the adaptive motion trainer, and still love my water classes. Just move. Somehow, some way. It works!
  • jennifer161513
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the Great advice :)
  • dreous44
    dreous44 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    easiest way is to do it with someone else. that way you are pushing each other and are a lot less likely to quit. also log EVERYTHING. seeing my achievements and progress in writing helps a lot.
  • jennifer161513
    Options
    Thank you!:)
  • slperryer
    slperryer Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend mixing it up with different workouts so your body is always being challenged. You could try some uphill walking on the treadmill, mixing it in with jogging/running when you start to feel more comfortable, cycling, cross training (I think that's called the elliptical in the USA) or rowing.

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you! Best to keep mixing it up.
  • sdmccoy93
    sdmccoy93 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Start walking, even if you are walking in place at home. I try fitnessblender on YOUTUBE. They have all sorts of workouts which can be filtered by difficulty. Good luck to you!
  • BeesmaMFP
    BeesmaMFP Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I started with walking like others have suggested. I'm only three months post-total knee replacement so something low impact was what I needed. I didn't walk far or fast at first, but after a couple months, I'm up to at least three miles a day between 3.5 and 4 mph. I even walked a 5K a couple weeks ago. It doesn't take long to build up to longer walks and more intensity. If you like to workout at home, Leslie Sansone walking DVDs (you can also find her on youtube) are a great way to start. Good luck!