carbs

Options
What are good carbs vs bad carbs?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Good carbs say please and thank you. Bad carbs put your head down a toilet or steal your things
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    As long as you are not overeating, there aren't really "bad" carbs. Some may have more nutritional value (like veggies) or be more filling (whole grains over refined), but as long as you are getting enough nutrients in your diet it's ok to eat any kind of carbs you like, if you don't go over your calorie target.

Personally I try to eat mainly whole grains, beans and fruit and veggies as my carbs and I don't eat too much white bread or sugar, but that's because I find the fibre fills me up, and I have a pretty low calorie target, so I need to make every calorie count in terms of nutrients. When I do actually have a few extra calories left at the end of the day, I'm quite happy to spend it on chocolate or crackers.
  • Kimberlyn32
    Kimberlyn32 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Lol
  • Kimberlyn32
    Kimberlyn32 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ok that helps. Thank you :)
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Carbs are just a food source. Over the years I became carb intolerant it seems so they are more or less bad for me now. This is not the case for others. Age seems to change many things for some of us.