Eating Healthy vs. Exercise

Options
I feel like I can't eat healthy and exercise daily; how do I overcome and do both daily?

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,930 Member
    Options
    Why not?

Eat your lunch, and then get up and go for a 20-30 min walk.
  • buffalobill41
    buffalobill41 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    honestly you just have to kind of do it. eating healthy is just willpower and discovering healthy foods you enjoy. the biggest thing i can say with exercise is start slow and just keep building, if you overdo it your first workout you'll be sore and have an excuse not to workout again
  • moniquecharisse
    moniquecharisse Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I could when the weather isn't bad or if I don't work through my lunch.
  • rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    First, you have to stop making excuses. Good luck!
  • gothicfires
    gothicfires Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    PRE-PARE FOODS. I usually prepare 3 meals at one time and just heat them up when I'm ready to eat them.
  • moniquecharisse
    Options
    You're right I do. I get so focus with drinking 2 liters of water, 4 serves of vegetables and no sugar feel drained by the time I get home.
  • lizzieanddallie
    lizzieanddallie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I feel like I can't eat healthy and exercise daily; how do I overcome and do both daily?
    Just be yourself your healthy self do a hit workout which you can find on YouTube then eat a healthy meal like a veggie wrap if you vegetarian like me just be confident in yourself you can do this
  • moniquecharisse
    Options
    I've had this problem for two years now since I had some (non cancer) tumors removed. I was heavy before but I was able to wake up early to workout for 30 minutes before work but didn't eat well. Then I dropped 20 very quickly after surgery because I was on bed rest for two weeks and on a restricted diet. I used that time to read up on another condition that got worst after surgery and started to focus on healthy eating. Cutting down on fast food, eating more vegetables, drinking more water, keeping sodium intake low (high blood pressure) and cooking instead of microwaving everything.

So I've been maintaining but dropping 1 lb a every other month for 2 years. But only by working out or eating healthy.

But you all have said it in one way or another, its willpower. I just have to do it and start slow. Incorporating a little of the other until it becomes a habit. I need to be kept accountable for my non-actions.

So thank you all!
  • Fannietje
    Fannietje Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I had to get used to it too at first. Don't give up, you will get used to it! Get a lot of food in the house that you can eat when you feel hungry after workouts. Your body needs the right food. If you think you need fat and sugar after your workout, that's just the old you popin up! Get rid of it! Fight it! From now on you're a worker and a shiner!
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options

"If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right.:

Henry Ford

Change the way you think.

• tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    I've had this problem for two years now since I had some (non cancer) tumors removed. I was heavy before but I was able to wake up early to workout for 30 minutes before work but didn't eat well. Then I dropped 20 very quickly after surgery because I was on bed rest for two weeks and on a restricted diet. I used that time to read up on another condition that got worst after surgery and started to focus on healthy eating. Cutting down on fast food, eating more vegetables, drinking more water, keeping sodium intake low (high blood pressure) and cooking instead of microwaving everything.

So I've been maintaining but dropping 1 lb a every other month for 2 years. But only by working out or eating healthy.

But you all have said it in one way or another, its willpower. I just have to do it and start slow. Incorporating a little of the other until it becomes a habit. I need to be kept accountable for my non-actions.

So thank you all!

Not willpower - planning + making things easy. Pick a gym that's really close by, or get a few pieces of equipment to have at home.

Make a rule that you'll do 30 minutes of some kind of activity every day, no matter what - it's about hygiene, like brushing your teeth. That can be walking. Any activity counts.
  • handa83
    handa83 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Dear Moni,

Try yoga's kpaal bhaarti - just for 5min as soon as you become fresh in morning and you will be in better mind set and control towards your eating habit you tube link

• mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    When you want it bad enough, you'll stop making excuses