Carb struggles - any advice

Options
2»

Replies

• ihatetodietalways
    ihatetodietalways Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Have your greens first with your 3 meals. Then, with starch, have a 1/2 cup rice/potato, or a slice of bread. No refined sugars should come into the diet, if you are trying to lose.
    Can you explain how I've lost 111 pounds while eating refined sugars?
    No, I cannot except you ate much lower than you burned off. I don't want to turn this into a sugar is good/bad thread.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Have your greens first with your 3 meals. Then, with starch, have a 1/2 cup rice/potato, or a slice of bread. No refined sugars should come into the diet, if you are trying to lose.
    No, I cannot except you ate much lower than you burned off. I don't want to turn this into a sugar is good/bad thread.

Then don't. Her macros are wrong. Sugar is not an issue. She would like to increase her carbs to allow more flexible eating. Your advice failed to address any of that.
  • ihatetodietalways
    ihatetodietalways Posts: 180 Member
    Options

mantium999 wrote: »

Then don't. Her macros are wrong. Sugar is not an issue. She would like to increase her carbs to allow more flexible eating. Your advice failed to address any of that.

She does not want to increase her carbs, and you are rude.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options

She didn't want to increase her carbs because her allocation was too skewed to protein and she didn't realize it until it was explained to her.

It could be considered rude to throw the "sugar is bad" bomb into the ring and then act like you don't want a sugar debate. If you don't want a sugar debate, leave sugar out of it.

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options

uq3jk3O.gif
  • Cpalmer18
    Cpalmer18 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey listen guys, I would prefer not to increase/decrease my sugar so not sure why mentioned, however it's not worth getting heated over. I am eating too many carbs on the odd occasion and find the level difficult to manage. I wanted some suggestions on how to make better and I've received some great advice and will now reevaluate my 3 levels. Thank you ☺️
  • JahanLindy
    JahanLindy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Cpalmer18 wrote: »
    I have a target of no more that 120g carbs per day. Somedays though, this can be a real struggle to keep below, especially if I want to add a little variety to my diet. Any thoughts on low carb meals would be appreciated ☺️

If you have uncontrollable sugar craving, don’t push yourself over the calorie edge. Replace too much sugar with natural sweetness. Like instead of creamy cake, try fruit salad with whipped cream or apple with pea nut butter. Changing the habit at once is really hard. :blush:
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

ridiculous advice
    ibnfaqir wrote: »
    You only need to do low carb if you very very lean. If you are not a calorie deficit will be fine.

also silly

I think the OP has worked out that she can move her macros around .. good luck OP