I'm sulking... Forgot my Fitbit :(

Options
I have had my Fitbit since February and wear it ALL the time other than charging it or bathing.

I noticed it was low on battery this morning so put it on charge before I went to work. I've left without it. I usually earn the bulk of my steps while I'm at work and now I won't have them so I'm sulking like a big girl's blouse. I feel lost without it on my wrist too.

Approach with caution LOL

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    grrrr

I have set up a new exercise called 'Fitbit glitch' and log it anyway

(oh and turn off your negative adjustments for today cos that sucks)
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    grrrr

I have set up a new exercise called 'Fitbit glitch' and log it anyway

(oh and turn off your negative adjustments for today cos that sucks)

I've logged my half an hour stomp to work as exercise so it's at least something. I'm going to walk round my living room in a circle for an hour tonight. I cannot believe how attached to a gadget I've got and that I am genuinely sulking at forgetting it. :lol:
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I know that feeling! Although I keep mine attached to my bra, so it is very hard to forget it, but I hate the days where it runs out of battery (I have a zip) and don't have the chance to grab anymore before work or something. I mean, especially during the week I burn roughly the same amount of calories so it shouldn't be too hard to judge accurately, but....but....what if??!

I feel your pain :p
    Options
    I almost debated counting my steps in my head. What a saddo.
  • SamberryC
    SamberryC Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of maybe investing in a Fitbit but wasn't sure if it was going to be worth it. Can I ask if you guys use it to help work out meal portion sizes and during exercise like running and things like that?
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    My sympathies, sweetie!

I left my iPhone 6 (with step counter) on the table when I went to get something at lunchtime today and mentally said "dammit".

We're a sad lot. :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    SamberryC wrote: »
    I was thinking of maybe investing in a Fitbit but wasn't sure if it was going to be worth it. Can I ask if you guys use it to help work out meal portion sizes and during exercise like running and things like that?

Not meal portions no .. you log food on MFP

but for registering daily activity levels through step-based walking, jogging .. yes absolutely it's a great activity level finder and the automatic synching of calories is great

personally when I workout I wear my Polar FT4 HRM and overwrite the steps during that time period . the automatic
  • yodabalboa29
    yodabalboa29 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Go into your app and under add device you can add your phone! I used the Fitbit app for almost a year that way before I actually bought a Fitbit!
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing one day last week. And I get 10k steps every day at work by around noon. I count on it to set my calorie adjustment for the day so it was a bummer. I did wind up manually logging it as 7 hours of walking. :p Still not the same though.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Oh no! My sincerest sympathies! It's like losing an arm :(
  • kraft_kris
    kraft_kris Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    My sincerest condolences. I Hate it when that happens!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    aimeerace wrote: »
    I have had my Fitbit since February and wear it ALL the time other than charging it or bathing.

I noticed it was low on battery this morning so put it on charge before I went to work. I've left without it.

Go into your Fitbit settings & turn on calorie estimation. It'll realize you're not wearing your Fitbit & guesstimate your Fitbit burn (which is TDEE) based on your past data.

BUT you must turn it back off tomorrow. True story—I had a TV bingewatching day, and Fitbit thought I'd just forgotten to wear my Fitbit. So I got a big fat calorie adjustment for sitting on the couch!

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    I noticed my Fitbit was missing the other day (I have a Zip) when I got home from grocery shopping. I absolutely panicked! I was going to trace my steps as far back as it took to find it, but thankfully, it was in the last place I'd been - the bathroom right here at home. Whew! :)

I keep that puppy leashed to me 24/7. ;)
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    I would have to go home and get it!!!
    Options
    gsager wrote: »
    I would have to go home and get it!!!

I had to be at the dentist for an appointment before work so I couldn't :(
    Options
    doodk4z3y5x6.jpg
    Still managed to get a few in now it's back where it belongs lol
  • pteryndactyl
    pteryndactyl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I forgot mine yesterday too! Almost made it feel like all my steps at work were not worth it, hah.