should i increase my calories?

Options
I've just checked my BMR which is 1360 kcal per day, but my goal daily calorie allowance on here is 1210 kcal (which is the amount MFP recommended)

Am i eating too few calories?

Im confused as to how just to lie in bed all day i'd used 1360 kcal but im only eating 1210 and i dont lie in bed all day and i do exercise a few times per week....... perhaps this is why my weight loss is slow....???

Any advise?

Replies

• joaniegray
    joaniegray Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I find exercise daily really helps. Keeps me motivated and also can eat a bit more. Try to enjoy the exercise you choose as a daily one. Good luck! I try to eat between 1200 and 1500 calories a day - usually come in around 1300 or so. But the exercise gives me lots of extra calories that I don't use.
  • prplrose33
    prplrose33 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm actually wondering the same thing. MFP recommended 1290 calories and I'm not losing weight even with added exercise.
  • vartann
    vartann Posts: 2
    Options
    In my case MFP recommended of 1200 calorie allowance. I calculate my calorie intake and make sure it is around 1600 and then burn 400 through exercise to keep my net calorie intake to 1200. It is working fine with. I have lost 10 lbs in 4 weeks so far. 5 more to go to reach my ideal weight.
  • texasrebel83
    texasrebel83 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Make sure your net calories is = to at least 1200. I don't have the links, but there are a ton of posts about eating back your exercise calories. Bottom line, eat them back. For me I had an initial weight loss and then stalled because I wasn't eating my exercise calories. I have since started eating them and surprise, the weight started coming off. I would try eating more calories and see what happens.
  • dbendelow
    dbendelow Posts: 27
    Options
    Thanks to all !!!

there does seem to be quite a debate as to whether you should eat back your exercise calories, alot of mixed reviews. seeing as though i seem to be sticking a bit now eating 1200, i may as well try and eat more, and pray to god i dont put weight on lol

worth a try i'll keep ya's posted :)