Best non alcoholic drink pls

Options
hi guys. Trying not to drink wine but aspartame gives me panic attacks. What soft drink can I have at night that is low in calories without aspartame and pls don't say water.

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Sparkling water with a squeeze of lime or lemon juice.
  • glortard
    glortard Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Why don't you get some non alcoholic wine
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Unless you're suffering from Phenylketonuria, there's probably no reason to avoid aspartame.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    club soda with a squirt of flavour.
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Slimline Bitter Lemon. I love it!
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Tonic water with lemon slices. Sparkling water with lime and a few mint leaves. Take the non-alcoholic ingredients of any cocktail and they usually make a tasty drink together by themselves. Pick the lower-calorie ones.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Have a glass of wine and fit it into your calories. A 5 ounce glass of white wine is only about 100ish calories. Just be sure to stop at one.
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Have a glass of wine and fit it into your calories. A 5 ounce glass of white wine is only about 100ish calories. Just be sure to stop at one.

If only it were that easy :'(
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I like club soda/sparkling water with a splash of cranberry juice or some lemon/lime juice.
  • TracieWomble
    TracieWomble Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    if Im out, soda with ice and a slice of lime and just a dash of lime juice - at home, Sainsburys do a nice fresh red grape pressed juice in the chilled aisle. Its a good red wine substitute, and topped up with fizzy water its v refreshing too.
  • Khukhullatus
    Khukhullatus Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    A ton of diet drinks are starting to use sucralose instead of aspartame because of fears (real or imagined). I know coke, hansen's and pepsi one all recently (as in the recent years) switched to sucralose. If you go to a whole foods style store, lots of times there are ones with stevia in them that you might like, though they are often three and four times the price for a drink you may or may not like as well.

I'd google "sucralose diet drinks," and see if there is anything you like.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    I make sun tea infused with fruits, most often with peach and/or strawberries. After brewing just drop the sliced fruit right in the container and give it a few hours. I also will sometime make a 50/50 mix of decaf and regular tea as the caffeine can get me going sometimes.
    FYI, I was a soda fiend and have cut it out 100 percent! I drink mostly (in order of consumption) water, tea, milk, coffee and in the morning to afternoon an occasional energy drink. But I do love my sun tea and maybe you will too.
    FYI, there are all natural sodas out there.
  • vilhelmcarlberg
    vilhelmcarlberg Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Let Loose With a Tea Infuser

Loose tea is a low-calorie option that allows you to get tea's health benefits and flavor from the actual tea leaf, without any additives. Brewing loose tea in an infuser, a device that holds tea leaves in a mesh chamber that you submerge in water, works wonderfully to bring out the flavor of your tea of choice. Enjoying a hot cup of loose tea — such as white, green, oolong, or black — is a relaxing pleasure that's also great for your health.