Do you eat dog or cat food?

Options
Hoshiko76
Hoshiko76 Posts: 22 Member
I don't eat cat or dog food , but this lady does, watch this video! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pksmctGQzzI

Replies

• wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    I once tasted a peanut butter dog cookie that looked like an oreo to see what it was like. My Trixie didn't have to worry about me eating them all up on her.
  • BuckyArden33
    BuckyArden33 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    :/
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    There was someone on here the other day asking for the calories in dry dog food... something about not being able to get a bag of it as well as food home on a scooter.
  • Hoshiko76
    Options
    There was someone on here the other day asking for the calories in dry dog food... something about not being able to get a bag of it as well as food home on a scooter.

Lol really?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Hoshiko76 wrote: »

Lol really?

For real!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10176273/digging-up-details-on-dog-food
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    some dog foods are the same quality as people foods. others are close but since it is pet food allowed to have a high number of bugs in it.-or something like that. there were days we tried the carob cookies....not bad
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    My parents kept dog treats that looked exactly like those Hydrox knock off oreos in a cookie jar, on the kitchen counter. So yes, I have eaten dog food. Why would they do that?
  • Rukia_K
    Rukia_K Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Erm...neither :open_mouth: Initially I thought this was going to be a fish v meat query - Each to their own I guess :)
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    My niece was about 11months old and crawled over to the dog food bowl and ate some. I saw what she was doing so ran over and. Tried to get her to spit it out but she had already swallowed it!
  • Hoshiko76
    Options
    Hoshiko76 wrote: »

Lol really?

For real!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10176273/digging-up-details-on-dog-food

Thanks for the link!
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    I suspect trolls.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Our foster dog has extreme allergies (no grain, no chicken, no corn, etc etc). He's on grain-free salmon food that is human-grade and taste tested regularly by humans. Here's a good explanation of human grade vs feed grade food: http://www.thehonestkitchen.com/human-grade-dog-and-cat-food Excerpt: Human grade pet food must be produced under 21 CFR 110 Good Manufacturing Practices and must also be manufactured, packed, transported and held in accordance with federal regulations for human food. So, even if a pet food/treat has all human grade ingredients, it might not have been produced in a facility able to guarantee the safety required by FDA regulations.

I make spent grain biscuits for our resident dogs. The ingredients are peanut butter, egg, and spent grain (the grain that's left over after brewing beer- all of the sugars have been seeped out). I've tried them. They're very plain/dry since there's no sugar left.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    hahahah! I saw an ep of My Strange Addiction off of Amazon Prime where this girl was eating cat treats and hardly anything else. *shudder* When I was a kid, I got curious and tasted ONE piece of cat food. BLARGH!!! It was awful! I spat that sucker out and never felt like tasting it again lol!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    My mum once fed my dad a canned beef stew, which, when examined closely afterwards, turned out to be a 'meaty chunks in gravy' type dog food.
    He actually said it wasn't bad, and on the plus side he had lovely shiny hair and a wet nose.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I have tried dog biscuits when I was younger out of curiosity but never actually tried the kibble. :#
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    By mistake once... the crap sold in grocery stores. Licked the spoon by habit. Never again.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    :unamused:
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    I eat dog food. It gives me plenty of vitality, bight eyes and a healthy coat. I would recommend.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I've eaten both dog kibble and dog treats on a dare.

Nothing to write home about, but if I was in danger of starving...