Where do the odd socks go???

Options
sbwood888
sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
I am so tired of having odd socks when I do laundry! Where do they go? Do they evaporate into thin air? Do they dissolve in the wash water? I mean really...where the heck do they go???? :grumble: :huh: :frown:

Replies

• dandydalek
    dandydalek Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    The eternal question. Seriously, I think this was one of the riddles the Sphinx asked Oedipus.
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I think that there is a troll; behind my dryer that eats them. Really wish he would eat the lint out of the lint trap and the used dryer sheets instead! LOL
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Get a mesh bag or safety pin them together. :)
  • Claddagh135
    Options
    They turn into extra hangers!! :tongue:
  • jhoffman27
    jhoffman27 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I always find socks in the sleeves of my sweatshirts or in the pockets of my fitted sheet for my bed. Other than that I think the dryer eat them lol. Try pinning them together with a safety pin.
  • mapinkerton
    mapinkerton Posts: 147
    Options
    I found where they go! I lived in an apartment that had a return air vent up high on the wall. So I always used a step stool to change the filter. One time I climbed up REALLY high and could see into the area. Guess what I found - odd socks - LOL!

Mary
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Cannibalistic socks eat each other and sometimes this leaves an odd number of socks.
  • yvonnewilke
    yvonnewilke Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    They turn into lint...................
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    Socks are the larva stage of wire hangers

geez I thought Everyone knew that ;)
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Saw an article yesterday, saying to pin the socks together before you wash them.
    That way when the load is done no sorting and no missing socks!!!
  • Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    We turn ours into several different coloured Soctopi (plural of Soctopus) until their partners show up.
    The kids love matching them with me, however I am certain we have more soctopi tentacles than matched socks presently.
  • xXAlana21Xx
    xXAlana21Xx Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    how do we know that there isnt really a monster under the bed! THE SOCK MONSTER THAT IS.... he could come out at night and eat socks... some never making it to the washer
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Socks have their own Rapture. They either go to the sock heaven in the sky, or they go to puppy hell and my dogs play tug-of-war with them.
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    If you pin them together you will have one less pair. Can't win.
  • chuku1981
    chuku1981 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I found from a good source they end up directly in Narnia.

Other sock fact,

Socks are typically skittish, easily frightened creatures, especially when loud noises occur. Most situations when in the dryer they just freeze, tis how we get the famous sayings, "frozen like a deer in headlights" "Frozen like a sockpuppet in a dryer" (sockpuppet being the term for an adult, or matured, sock)

Although every once in awhile, one young sockling will get so frightened it will scamper out of the dryer and off into the wilderness...and sometimes into Narnia
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    Sock gnomes.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I believe they run off with my spoons. Those suckers are always missing too!
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I just blame the dog.
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I totally hear you on this one -- I lost about 1/2 of my spoons during a move from St. Louis back to Chicago. Ended up giving the set to my sister, since she had the same pattern (that was intentional -- we knew that this would happen some day)
  • torregro
    torregro Posts: 307
    Options
    Ever since I got sock locks, whatever goes IN the washer and dryer comes OUT of the dryer. So nice not to have to match up 47 pairs of black socks that are all just *slightly* different. ;-)
    www.sock-locks.com (No affiliation, just a happy customer)