I'm gaining weight!?!?!?

Options
I’ve been doing good with losing weight since I’ve been using MFP. I think I had lost ~26 lbs. I’ve been walking more, trying to eat better and stay under 1300 cals. This week I started a new fitness course that will be Tues and Thur for the month of June. I’ve so far done 1 class and actually gained almost 4 lbs!! We pretty much got a baseline of what we can do with various exercise (squats, sit ups, planks, jumping jacks ect). The last time I was doing fitness courses I was gaining weight too, but was told it was just building muscle. It didn’t really make sense to me that clothes seemed to be tighter on me back then and I didn’t feel any more toned. I know I didn’t gain that much muscle in one class. My jeans that were falling off of me are becoming tighter. I’ve been eating and walking the same. Has anyone ever faced this or have a clue of what could be going on??

Replies

• 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Temporary water retention. It often happens when you start a new workout program. But make sure you are being strict with your logging.

Also, you are correct. You are not building muscle mass.
  • TeresaPSJ
    TeresaPSJ Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    What Bambi said. For me it can take 2 weeks to level back out, so don't get discouraged. Keep tracking and you'll be back on course soon.
  • Megeffer
    Megeffer Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    It took my body almost a month to stop retaining water so my weight increased and then just thus week I've dropped 5 pounds. Remember, weight loss is not linear. It's the overall trend. :)
  • reneebpowers941
    reneebpowers941 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you all SO much!!!