You know all that energy you are supposed to start having?

Options
Often when you read success stories people talk about how much energy they have when they lose weight and exercise. I am curious when that happens?

I wake up at 5am to walk and man am I dragging!

Replies

• TeresaPSJ
    TeresaPSJ Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hang in there, Kris. I feel like that for about 70% of my runs. But those 30% make it worth it. You may try running at different times of the day, and vary your nutrition until you find what works for you. One size does not fit all. I do much better running at night; or very early morning - like 3am. I work nights, so that's where my clock is.
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    No way could I EVER exercise early in the morning. I am so not a morning person. I get up early because I need to plus the older I get the earlier I just wake up, but I am a zombie for about an hour while drinking my coffee. I am so much better in the afternoon and early evening. Find the time of day that works best for you. My husband prefers to do his workouts before work, so he actually leaves home at 5:00 a.m., gets to the fitness center at 6:00ish and works out for 45-60 minutes. But he has always been much more awake in the mornings plus he falls asleep much earlier than me in the evenings. I think our body clocks are just wired differently.
  • kraft_kris
    kraft_kris Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have to fight myself to get up and out of bed but the walking in the early morning has been the best fit for me so far - if I wait and do it after work I usually come up with some excuse to not do it!

I have tried lots of different things (kickboxing, Zumba, Gym, Personal Training, Videos) and the walking has been the only thing I have been semi-consistent with.
  • TeresaPSJ
    Options
    Can you get a partner? Sometimes that helps, even if just once a week.
  • kraft_kris
    kraft_kris Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    @TeresaPSJ - Good Idea- I wouldn't mind - but at that time of day none of my friends will walk with me! I do take my dog with me and he gets pretty antsy if we don't go. He was my motivation this morning :smile:
  • TeresaPSJ
    Options
    hey that's great! I'd love to take mine, but they overheat easily. You'll get that energy - it takes a while sometimes to get in the groove. Also - vary your route. Even walking the same route backwards (not walking backwards, doing the route backwards you know what I mean!) can help.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    I'm not feeling the energy either. I also try to get my workout done early in the day, so it's not hanging over my head and so I don't come up with an excuse. Pretty much as soon as I open my eyes, the excuses begin parading through my brain. I just have to disregard each one until I get my *kitten* in gear. No matter how tired and draggy I feel, I just get the workout done. That attitude and the protein diet have brought my weight down 88.6 pounds. Don't care if I'm tired for now.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I've lost ~ 50 lbs and I still don't have any energy in the morning. I do have lots more energy at other times of the day.
  • bennett180790
    bennett180790 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i feel it most when i first wake up and in the winter is the worst but the amazing feeling i have after exercising make's it worth it ... plus all the food i can eat and the clothes i can wear :)

i go to the gym for 6 am 4 weekdays and then am at the gym for 9am on a saturday and sunday ( have to have a lie in, it's the weekend) weekdays i am there for an hour before work, weekends i am there for roughly 2 hours each day ! i adore the gym and love how it makes me feel, keep going and maybe mix up your exercise?