Reaching goal on time.

Options
2»

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    NerdyNix wrote: »
    So I weigh 167lbs now. To fit into my skinny clothes I need to be around 130. So I need to lose close to 37lbs in 11 weeks which I think is just over 3lb a week.

Is this too ambitious or do you think it's possible?

I think that is a tough goal and kind of unrealistic. You most likely will not be able to drop 3 lbs every single week. You will most likely have to eat very little and/or spend a great deal of time exercising for 11 weeks and after your vacation will gain weight back because it is not sustainable. You may not lose inches/clothing sizes as fast as you think. You may not feel very good.

Please see this thread about how weight loss is not linear-> community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10084670/it-is-unlikely-that-you-will-lose-weight-consistently-i-e-weight-loss-is-not-linear/p1
    And this ->community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177910/most-helpful-posts-general-diet-and-weight-loss-help-must-reads#latest

If I were you, I would accept that losing .5-2 lbs a week is a better goal range to shoot for. 10- 20 lbs would be more realistic and comfortable goals for 11 weeks.

Buy stretchy clothes or dresses that you can wear with a belt as you are losing weight. Get some clothes altered to fit you as you get smaller. Shop at thrift stores, sales or e-bay. Exchange clothes with other people who have lost weight. I believe there are sites where you can rent clothes.

• NerdyNix
    NerdyNix Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    1200 + exercise calories. If you work out aggressively, your body is going to need additional fuel. And in the above math example, walking 20-25 miles a day on 1200 calories in: you won't make it to the end of the 2nd week. Simply won't have the energy...

Yes I am eating some of my exercise calories everyday. So I'm eating between 1,300 and 1,600 most days.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    So about that 42 pounds that you lost rapidly before. . . did you keep those pounds off? If not, perhaps trying to do the same thing again is not so wise.
  • NerdyNix
    NerdyNix Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I lost those at weight watchers on 29 points a day. I am eating much more now than I did then! Was hard to only have 29 points some days.

I kept the weight off for 2 years until I had surgery and my health issues got the better of me and it all piled back on.