Spinach Turkey Burgers

Options
So tonight mom and I made these amazing turkey burgers I had to share. We're big fans of turkey and spinach together :)

First theres the turkey burger:
-1 thing of lean ground turkey meat
-As much chopped spinach as your heart desires
-Chopped parsley
-Diced red onion (about 1/3? or more if you want ^_^)
-Sprinkle of black pepper

For toppings we made:
-Cherry tomatoes cut in half, baked in the oven
-Baked the rest of the onion, so not to waste it
-Roasted a clove of garlic by wrapping it in foil and putting it to the side

For sides:
-Sweet potato fries sprinkled with pepper NOT salt
-Since I'm not a sweet potato fan I had 1/4 cup of corn with lemon juice. Yum (I've sort of replaced butter with lemon. It gives, to me, veggies a great taste I just love.)

Ok so after your burgers done put it on a toasted 100 cal deli flat of your choice.
You don't need a lot so for cheese my mom and I split a laughing cow wedge and it was plenty.
Burger, toppings (diced the garlic, it was tender like butter), and as a replacement for ketchup or mustard I used Ken's Honey Garlic sauce which is super low in calories. The sun dried tomato dressing works well to. Any low cal dressing works instead of ketchup really :)

Finally... we enjoyed a filled dinner for, what my diary says, 535 calories. I also made a large burger because I'm always low on calories, so it 535 is to much cut the size of the patties. :)

Replies

• Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    bump
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. Another recipe idea I'll be adding to my folder.
  • Kaldrmjolka
    Kaldrmjolka Posts: 86
    Options
    bump

please don't laugh but I still don't know what the bumping is... *SHAME* Sorry! I'm dense XD
  • Kaldrmjolka
    Options
    Sounds good. Another recipe idea I'll be adding to my folder.

^_^ best thing is its filling. No midnight snacking for me
  • JLPearce12
    JLPearce12 Posts: 23
    Options
    Yes, I too would like to know what "bump" is! It looks to me like a way to save a post so you can view it later....???? If so, how do you do that?
  • Kaldrmjolka
    Options
    Yes, I too would like to know what "bump" is! It looks to me like a way to save a post so you can view it later....???? If so, how do you do that?

no idea... :(
  • lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    If you post a reply on a topic, it shows up on your "My Topics" list so it makes it easier for you to find later. And I think only 25 or so show up on your list, so if you don't want to "lose" a thread, you "bump" it up. That's all. :flowerforyou:
  • brendalyne
    brendalyne Posts: 497
    Options
    Replying will put the topic in your "My topics" folder. It's used for that purpose, and it also brings back up to the top of the category.

thank you for the idea!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Bump (for dinner tomorrow)
  • Kaldrmjolka
    Options
    Oh i see now, thank you :D
  • mestupscout
    mestupscout Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Sounds Great! Bump!
  • Shannonhurley88
    Shannonhurley88 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    The garlic Sounds like such a great idea
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    sounds delish! Thank you for sharing!
  • Restlessme
    Restlessme Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Kellyeager
    Kellyeager Posts: 2
    Options
    Mmmm...thanks for sharing!
  • Jbauer41
    Jbauer41 Posts: 55
    Options
    Sounds good to me! My husband would see the green and freak. I hate having to make two separate meals -- one for me and one for my husband and daughter. She's starting to get the "I don't like that" attitude. Errg.
  • Kaldrmjolka
    Options
    Sounds good to me! My husband would see the green and freak. I hate having to make two separate meals -- one for me and one for my husband and daughter. She's starting to get the "I don't like that" attitude. Errg.

My dad is same way, so we split the meat into two bowls and just add everything but the greens in his, that way it isn't two separate meals but everyone is happy.
    For a bonus we added a bit more turkey bacon to his :)
  • monylove311
    monylove311 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Yum and Bump!!! : )
  • lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Made these last night - yummy!
  • livingnow28
    livingnow28 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! BUMP!