Healthy Snack Ideas

Options
showgal
showgal Posts: 12 Member
Does anyone have recommendations for healthy snacks that are low calorie and don't need refrigeration?

Replies

• SarahRMerts
    SarahRMerts Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    How low are you looking for? And how filling do you need/want them to be? That will always play into what you can find.

I usually aim for my snacks to be around 150. Here's what I've found...
    *Raisins
    *Apples (they don't really need to be refrigerated; granny smith's taste great with a little bit of tart and sweet)
    *Granola bars - there are a TON out there! Nature Valley Salty & Sweet bars and FiberOne bars (I know...fiber, but they actually taste food and aren't too bad) are the ones I have found that are pretty good.
    *Pretzels (Nutella or PB are great to have with it too).
    *Most fruit does not have to be refrigerated if it was not before.
    *FiberOne and Little Debbie have good snack things that can be found with low calories, but I can't remember what the rest of the nutrients look like.

A lot of your typical snack food can be portioned out to a manageable or low calorie version without paying an arm and a leg too. Hope this helps!!!
  • showgal
    showgal Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips! I forgot about granola bars. You definitely need to read the label - some are packed with sugar! I used to eat raisins but I found that I can only get away with such a small serving size before the calories add up.