How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
i normally do once a week.

Was thinking about every 5 days .. Is that to often?

Thanks !

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Every week.
  • jesikalovesyou
    jesikalovesyou Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I do it about 5 times a day. It makes me happy to weigh myself, go pee, then see how much I lost. Some people can't do this because they get to obsessed with seeing the scale go down. But I like documenting it everyday (only keeping the first weight of the day) and also seeing how it fluctuates during the day.

It proves that weight fluctuates all the time and I can't get mad if the scale is not always going down. :smiley:
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Every day, at least twice.
  • misscharleygirl
    misscharleygirl Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Once a week - Sunday morning, first thing.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Once a day.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    Every morning.
  • lalangela
    lalangela Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Twice a day. Once in the morning which is what I use to see where I stand. And again at night before my 'dessert' to see how much I gained throughout the day, so I can guess on my morning weight loss.
  • rita27ny
    rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    daily 2x morn and night.
  • Jackie9950
    Jackie9950 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I do it about 5 times a day. It makes me happy to weigh myself, go pee, then see how much I lost. Some people can't do this because they get to obsessed with seeing the scale go down. But I like documenting it everyday (only keeping the first weight of the day) and also seeing how it fluctuates during the day.

It proves that weight fluctuates all the time and I can't get mad if the scale is not always going down. :smiley:

This....to the tee...even the weigh/pee/weigh... i didn't know there were more like me :blush:
  • Narcissora
    Narcissora Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I usually do once a day just because I like to see the fluctuations. But I only record my weight once a week: Monday mornings.
  • bam2103
    bam2103 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm just getting back into my diet/workout routine... Afraid of the scale's judgement for my lackadaisical habits the past few months. Going to hop back on in a week to see where I stand. In the past, though, about once a week: Friday mornings usually.
  • riss526
    riss526 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I try not to weigh myself too often. I feel like a lot of times the number on the scale can be counter productive to your confidence and self esteem. While it's good to know that you are in fact making progress with your weight loss journey, in my opinion it is so much more about how you feel about yourself, what you're doing to work yourself out, how you're eating, and what you see when you look in the mirror. This is my 2nd weight loss journey to lose 100+ lbs. 6 years ago I lost 110 lbs in about a year and only weighed myself maybe 3-5 times the entire year. Not because I was scared of the scale, but because I knew that with my diet and exercise regimen that I was making progress. I could see the differences and I felt like, I don't want to get on the scale and see a number that will more than likely disappoint me. The method isn't for everyone, but it's also good to not focus so much on the scale. I say that because for me at my lowest weight I was approx. 150-155 lbs and at 5'8" tall and with my body frame/structure 150-155 lbs for me was a size 7/8 pants/jeans and a size S/M shirt with a flat stomach. For someone else 150-155 lbs maybe a size 14 pants/jeans and a size XL shirt. You see what I mean? The number is so insignificant. You want to know that you're making progress, but if you look in the mirror and can see the differences, that's all that should matter. Don't focus too much on the number.
  • eDonatti
    eDonatti Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Every morning - just part of bathroom routine.
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Been a daily weigher since 2012 and will continue to do so for the next 40+ years :)
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Once a week on Friday morning.
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Almost every morning, I like to see how what I ate the day before may affect my weight.
  • Elle_Bronwyn15
    Elle_Bronwyn15 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    every morning and every night.
  • jadey_lady
    jadey_lady Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Every morning but I only log about once a week.
  • LindseyDD
    LindseyDD Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Every morning, after I pee and before my shower
  • cmoorofum
    cmoorofum Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    every morning before I take a shower