How often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• WakkoW
    WakkoW Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Daily. I have a wifi scale and it logs for me. I also have it linked to trendweight.com so I can look at what the trend is.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Clarewho wrote: »
    Once a week on Friday morning.

Me too!
  • irsyadnh
    irsyadnh Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Every Monday, Thursday and Saturday. Enough to check any progress I made.
  • mburgess458
    mburgess458 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Every morning and most nights.
  • Jgasmic
    Jgasmic Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I do it about 5 times a day. It makes me happy to weigh myself, go pee, then see how much I lost. Some people can't do this because they get to obsessed with seeing the scale go down. But I like documenting it everyday (only keeping the first weight of the day) and also seeing how it fluctuates during the day.

It proves that weight fluctuates all the time and I can't get mad if the scale is not always going down. :smiley:
    All of this. Except for the peeing, I only weigh before and after a poop. I think I'm less concerned about the actual number while weighing daily than I was when I weighed occasionally. Knowing it can fluctuate so much day to day, but that it always eventually catches up with what it should be based on my intake, makes it so much less stressful for me.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Every morning. I'm using an app called Happy Scale that will help track me track my weight better, especially when it comes to the dreaded water weight/bloating.
  • Cantstopmyshine1993
    Cantstopmyshine1993 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Once a week
  • afatpersonwholikesfood
    afatpersonwholikesfood Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I started at the beginning of May and did not weigh at all until this week. I will be weighing once a week from now on.
  • insearchofcheese
    insearchofcheese Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Once every morning and I enter it on the Happy Scale app so I can see trends. But I only log my weight into MFP on Sundays, which I consider my "official" weigh-in day.
  • FitStrongHealthy
    FitStrongHealthy Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Every morning, just to monitor day-to-day fluctuations, and I log my weight once a month on MFP.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    Every morning. I'm using an app called Happy Scale that will help track me track my weight better, especially when it comes to the dreaded water weight/bloating.
    Happy Scale is pretty awesome. Anything that better shows the trend could be a big help to people worried about fluctuations.
  • fulltimelife
    fulltimelife Posts: 125 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Every morning, but log it once a week. Seeing the number every day holds me more accountable. I can do too much damage in a week, and especially in a month, if I let weigh-ins get too infrequent. Not doing it daily may lead to me forgetting. Forgetting leads to other minor mistakes. Minor multiple mistakes leads to being back at the start.

And I've been back at the start too many times. This time I'm not letting my guard down.

Seeing the scale number first thing in the morning helps nudge me toward making better choices throughout the day. It's a reminder, good or bad, that my choices have consequences. I'm not worried about day to day fluctuations. I'd be more concerned with a false high or low if I were only weighing in once a week or once a month. Daily provides me with more information to work off of, and more to learn from. I like data.

This ritual is the springboard to my day.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Every day. sometimes more, but I only track the first reading of the day. I find it interesting to see how my weight fluctuates day to day.
  • jesikalovesyou
    jesikalovesyou Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Every morning, but log it once a week. Seeing the number every day holds me more accountable. I can do too much damage in a week, and especially in a month, if I let weigh-ins get too infrequent. Not doing it daily may lead to me forgetting. Forgetting leads to other minor mistakes. Minor multiple mistakes leads to being back at the start.

And I've been back at the start too many times. This time I'm not letting my guard down.

Seeing the scale number first thing in the morning helps nudge me toward making better choices throughout the day. It's a reminder, good or bad, that my choices have consequences. I'm not worried about day to day fluctuations. I'd be more concerned with a false high or low if I were only weighing in once a week or once a month. Daily provides me with more information to work off of, and more to learn from. I like data.

This ritual is the springboard to my day.

Yep! If I haven't weighed myself in a while. I know I've been eating bad!
  • SSA878xO
    SSA878xO Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I usually do it once a week..this time I am waiting 21 days to weigh myself. With the workout I'm doing a lot of people lost more inches versus weight so I don't want to be disappointed by weighing my self before the 21 days is up!
  • SomeGirlSomewhere
    SomeGirlSomewhere Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I do it about 5 times a day. It makes me happy to weigh myself, go pee, then see how much I lost. Some people can't do this because they get to obsessed with seeing the scale go down. But I like documenting it everyday (only keeping the first weight of the day) and also seeing how it fluctuates during the day.

It proves that weight fluctuates all the time and I can't get mad if the scale is not always going down. :smiley:

@jesikalovesyou ----This is the polar opposite my approach to weighing myself, which thus far has been to not own a scale and weigh myself only when I am at a doctor's office. Oddly, I see a certain logic to your ideas about weighing yourself even though they're so very different than my own. I am getting very close to transitioning from losing weight to maintaining my weight and I am thinking your way of doing things might be a better option for me when it comes to maintenance.
  • Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    If I'm staying on top of my weight, every morning.
  • dsneade
    dsneade Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself before and after each workout so I can take note of fluid loss during the workout. I consider my weight after a workout on Monday (my first workout of the week) my "Official" weigh-in
  • Tab122377
    Tab122377 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    we do a weekly weigh in at work... keep our self accountable wens. at 8am we all go in a group.