I'm re-starting! :) Need friends to beat Ana/Addison's/Blood disease

Options
russkiballerina
russkiballerina Posts: 53 Member
edited June 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Well, a year or so ago I came here with about 20 or so lbs to lose after an ICU stay due to being diagnosed with Addison's (hipopituitary) disease and losing some thyroid function and female hormones and starting daily steroids and being forced to stop dancing ballet. I logged consistently, lost 30lbs and in and out of hospitals and after finding out about having also a blood disorder, I eventually quit.

Now I'm back with a slew of other challenges...I've lost complete thyroid function, pancreatic is almost down (hello Diabetes Insipidus), my blood disorder is being treated and well, but my BMI is now 16ish. I have bad osteoporosis, still on daily doses of hydrocortisone, a few ICU visits under my belt and I need friends/companions to beat this battle and to help me out with my mental state.

I'm out of school (the dream of finishing medical school is long gone), can't even think of dancing, lost my partner and am out of a stint in a rehab place for AN/PTSD and overall feeling pretty damn lost and lonely. I guess I just need some encouragement and people to surround myself with. I'm sorry if this is long, and thank you very much to whoever read it this far :)

Much love! <3<3

Anushka

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I'm a grandma and I'm sending you my most motherly hug right now.

I imagine with all that stuff going on you struggle with new goals. What's your dream right now?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I painted this for my granddaughter. It pretty well embodies my best dreams for my girl. Free and strong. I'm emoting this for you too.

IMG_2439.JPG
  • russkiballerina
    russkiballerina Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I painted this for my granddaughter. It pretty well embodies my best dreams for my girl. Free and strong. I'm emoting this for you too.

IMG_2439.JPG

This is so beautiful. I saved it to my background <3 I hope you don't mind.

I am taking your hug in, I love hugs. Thank you so very much :)

My dreams now, or goals? I don't know. I am thinking about trying to get a post graduate degree once I'm healthy/stable enough for it again to go to school daily, or at least trying to go to some theater classes or light ballet/dance classes that I can endure. Or finding someone nice to share days with.

I recently got a new kitty and that's been doing wonders for my mind. It's a black chubby female called Hex, she cuddles with me every night and we watch movies together :)

As for goals related to my body, I want to gain about 30lbs, but realistically right now, 10 would make my doctor happy and 15 would keep me out of the danger zone.