Run Trainer

Options
I use this app on my phone it calculates time, distance, speed and calories. Does this sound accurate?
Dist 1.15 miles
time 20.36
average speed 3.35
TOTAL CALORIES BURNED 660.4?????

Replies

• sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    calories sound like way too many!
  • stephaniekendrick
    stephaniekendrick Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Does the app have you input your age, weight, and that you're a female?
  • CardiacNP
    CardiacNP Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    no way to many.
  • Lsmith7915
    Lsmith7915 Posts: 10
    Options
    I've been using CardioTrainer on my phone to track my walking workouts. I come to this site and enter the same data that CardioTrainer shows for time/distance, and the amount of calories burned is ALWAYS less on the site than on my phone. I decided to use the ones on this site instead of my phone app.
  • BeautyCrys
    BeautyCrys Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I have an HRM and I walk and jog for about 45 min and my hrm says around 380-405cals burned.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    To begin to come close to an accurate calorie count, it would need to know your vital stats (age, gender, weight) and measure your heart rate.
  • jeff261159
    jeff261159 Posts: 385
    Options
    i use imapmyrun, its an awesome app, yesterday I did 6.04 miles in 70 minutes, it gave me 825 calories back. You can update your run on facebook and invite friends to map your route LIVE as you run.
  • jlanab
    jlanab Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    way too high. I do c2sk for 30 mins and i burn 364 calories and thats what i got with a HRM. if youre not ready to buy a hrm i would download a couple of free apps and run them all at once during your workout to see the difference