Best Program for fat burn?

Options

Replies

• yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    care to expand on or share your wealth of experience and wisdom tigger, instead of just criticising?
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    when did you start the program?
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    100 calories cardio? Not trying to be mean but if you get out and run six miles it will take about an hour and you burn a lot more than 100 calories. When I was on a mission to be rid of my fat I got up to about thirty miles a week. Combined with some strength training and ab work it melted my gut away. Start slow and build, its addictive
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    yogicarl wrote: »
    care to expand on or share your wealth of experience and wisdom tigger, instead of just criticising?

1. Fasted cardio = very small benefit, suits some and not others, especially if you prefer to be fueled for a workout i.e people who have eaten often find they can do a better workout because they have he energy to do it. Some people like early morning fasted but its all personal choice. The benefits of fasted are really small if you look it up.
    2. High intensity all the time 100%, there is a lot of debate about cardio v resistance or cardio hiit v steady state. They are different and have different benefits, often complementary, so to suest one is better than the other I find unconvincing. For instance the poster talks about intense 100% being important, whilst you will burn more calories at the time, theres also the issue of how long can sustain it for and how long does it take to recover? Am I better off doing 30 mins hiit or 2h steady state? Recovery is very important. The poster suggests we carry on burning for 48hrs after due to EPOC/ Afterburn, but really doesnt back it up and might want to investigate he extent i.e actual measured % increase in calorie burns. Its not as big as he suggests.
    3. The OP suggests the reason he doesnt do cardio is because he burns 100-150 cals an hour, honestly walking burns more than that. In terms of direct calorie burn if you want it, then cardio far outstrips resistance and you can realistically do 500-700 an hour. Resistance is better long term though and has different benefits. the point being his reasoning is wonky.
    4. BCAA only useful if you are deficient in protein. Glutamine unproven.
    5. Waters drinking 5-6l not needed as long as you stay hydrated, which you should be fine with 2l a day. No harm but more is not always better.
    6. Is he losing fat? The 2 inches will represent a mixture of fat, muscle and just straight water.

You dont have to believe me, just do some research on each of these subjects. Off to gym now to lift some weights and then do some mixed cardio.

Oh and the best program for fat burn is ensuring you are at an accurate consistent calorific deficit. Lifting will help retain LBM and cardio can add further calorie burns.
  • raven56706
    Options
    a mixture of both is always a plus
  • omkarbhimraobhosekar01313
    Options
    OK ty all for your help & will now mix cardio+strength training
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
    Options
    Losing fat is about moderate calorie deficit more than anything else. True HIT training shouldn't exceed 30 minutes or it's not hard enough. Long low intensity cardio does little except burn a bit of body fat. Practically any physical activity will burn glycogen before touching any fat at all.
    When do you burn the most fat? When you're sleeping.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    OK ty all for your help & will now mix cardio+strength training

Try some proper cardio that burns more than 100 cals in an hour though!
    Options
    Ok
  • raven56706
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Losing fat is about moderate calorie deficit more than anything else. True HIT training shouldn't exceed 30 minutes or it's not hard enough. Long low intensity cardio does little except burn a bit of body fat. Practically any physical activity will burn glycogen before touching any fat at all.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

please explain the when you're sleeping part. Would love the knowledge :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
    Options
    raven56706 wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

The majority of moderate and higher physical activity (any type) will default to the use of glycogen as an energy source. Till that source is depleted (which takes A LOT of physical effort), fat isn't touched. Now yes, it's true that low intensity exercise burns a HIGHER percentage of fat, but you'd have to work out a pretty long time to burn the amount of fat versus just sitting/sleeping. Why? Because at rest 100% of the energy burned is fat (with the exception if alcohol is present in the bloodstream). Add to that that with restful sleep, GH production is higher which helps to promote lypolysis.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Options
    OK
    Options
    Yes me too
  • raven56706
    Options
    raven56706 wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

The majority of moderate and higher physical activity (any type) will default to the use of glycogen as an energy source. Till that source is depleted (which takes A LOT of physical effort), fat isn't touched. Now yes, it's true that low intensity exercise burns a HIGHER percentage of fat, but you'd have to work out a pretty long time to burn the amount of fat versus just sitting/sleeping. Why? Because at rest 100% of the energy burned is fat (with the exception if alcohol is present in the bloodstream). Add to that that with restful sleep, GH production is higher which helps to promote lypolysis.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

so what do you suggest would be a good training method?
    Options
    I think it is HIVT or HIT or GIT according to my little knowledge.
  • raven56706
    Options
    whats GIT?
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    one that you will stick with

29509743.png
    Options
    German Intense Training