Tired of Looking like an Old Fat Woman

Options
Well here we go.... two years ago I was 40 pounds lighter and I felt good, looked good, and liked myself. Now after two stressful years of dealing with my husband's ex wife and teenage daughters, it is time to reclaim myself. I am tired of feeling bad. Tired of not being able to wear cute clothes... because fat clothes are just not cute. I'm tired of looking like an old fat 48 year old women instead of the fun, playful person I really am. I am not an old 48 but I look it.

So yesterday I marked the first day of summer vacation from school as my first day to reclaim life. And here I am. I'm done with excuses. It's time to take care of me. I want to look like the woman in my profile pic.... from just two years ago.

Replies

• jenhasit
    jenhasit Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey. Cute clothes are part of my motivation too.
  • jeff261159
    jeff261159 Posts: 385
    Options
    Great posting, and im sure too that youre not an OLD 48 year old, cos that would make me a VERY OLD 51 old!!

Best of luck with reclaiming your life back. If I can be of any help, feel free to add me as a friend x
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Good luck and sure with determination you can re-claim her back! Add me if you wish!
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Hi Sherry;

You will be glad that you have made the decision to turn things around. Take it one day at a time and of course realize it took you 2 years to pack on those pounds so be patient with yourself. I will say it won't take 2 years to take the weight off with healthy eating and exercise.

Feel free to friend me if you want.

Cindy
  • CardiacNP
    CardiacNP Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    you can and will do it. Best of luck in making the right choices. it does pay off!!
  • bitty1taz
    bitty1taz Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I hate how bigger clothing isn't cute! Like really?!?
    I live in my work out clothing at this point because I can't find anything in my size that fits. So, I too am trying really hard to get back into my fun and cute clothing that I too used to wear.
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I have about 50 to lose at this point.
    Good luck!
  • red4560
    red4560 Posts: 32
    Options
    Positive thinking will end in positive results!
  • JLEinGCM
    JLEinGCM Posts: 13
    Options
    I recently started my journey to better health (& hopefully cuter clothes!) too. Good luck! I said the same thing to myself, "No more excuses!" and so far it has been going really well. Love MFP!
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    best of luck and u absolutely got this!!! feel free to add me for support if u like!