Mom with Service Dog trying to loose 100lbs & need a support group!

Options
jlehorton
jlehorton Posts: 7 Member
edited June 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hello all!!! I am a 26 year old married woman with 2 kids! I have chronic sciatica & PTSD! I have service dog with me at all times & I'm trying to loose weight but lack the support group for motivation!!! (The hubby doesn't count! Lol) I'm looking for a great group of friendly motivators who can help hold each other accountable!!!

Replies

• LovinMyMiners
    LovinMyMiners Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Cheers to the New You.
    I have found this site helpful and very supportive.
    Best of luck.
    Sending friend request...
  • jlehorton
    Options
    Thank you! Meet my SD, Willo!!! She will be with me every step of the way!!!

qv1ajbq3iad3.jpg
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Willo looks fit, and I bet she loves exercise! Is she smart enough not to pull on the leash? Walking might be really good for both of you.
  • RuefulRabbit
    RuefulRabbit Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Beautiful dog!
  • hirevek
    hirevek Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Diet diet diet! I lost 100lbs with walking and dieting. Don't look as diet in any bad kind of way. Look at is an adjustment of foods. Switch to water and only water. Soda, juice, sweet teas, anything that is not water should definately be removed from your intake since you need to cut weight. No need for useless calories when water is the most essential tool in your life. I love bottled Dasani and Smart Water. I also enjoy Giant brand water since it's 35 bottles for 3.99 (not even soda is cheaper). Big breakfast, medium lunch, and very small dinner. Eat 4-6 hours before bed for digesting. You must remind yourself small steps, small goals. Since I was so big I was able to micro manage my weight by getting on the scale every morning and slightly losing weight every day. The day that I gained even half a pound I knew I had eaten to much. Also cut a branch and plant it in the ground and it will root itself and start healing. Same concept eat of the earth, fruits, veggies, nuts natural grown foods. It will start to heal you and give you life back.
  • aSearch4Me
    aSearch4Me Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I'm currently restarting on the program, but have been more involved in the social aspect on this restart & am finding it MUCH more motivating than trying to fly solo. Feel free to add me if you would like!

Also, 2 groups you might find helpful:

100 + pounds with NO surgery (large, established group & very supportive/encouraging)

Fabulous Females aged 25-35 with 100+ Pounds to lose (newly formed, still small, but very supportive)

I find the information, support & encouragement to be found is a HUGE improvement over the standard MFP message boards. Good luck on your journey! You can do it!
  • jlehorton
    Options
    Willo is phenomenal with nearly everything. She knows over 100 commands & loves to "wog" with me. She's also into stretches! Lol. A Pilates dog 100%!

I'm going to join those groups!!! Thank you all for the tips!!!