Newbie!

lhalstead76
lhalstead76 Posts: 5 Member
edited September 27 in Introduce Yourself
Hello all! I am a 35 yr old mother of 1. I have been struggling with my weight since I was a teenager. In 2007, I was diagnosed with PCOS, which explained most of my problems. It's very hard to lose weight having it. I struggle with my inner voice. I hope this will be what I need, just some support.
I just signed up this morning, and am going to drop 70 lbs. I am hoping to be at my target weight by December. I look forward to using this great site. I love the barcode scanner!

Replies

• Kkirkland13
    Kkirkland13 Posts: 13
    Thats fantastic! Even though it'll be hard just think of how amazing and how great the feeling will be when you achieve your goal ! you can do it!
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Hi there Ihalstead76. I'm in the same boat as you...diagnosed with PCOS a couple of years ago...goes a long way to explain some stuff eh?!

Good luck with your weight loss :-))
  • hhakb0
    hhakb0 Posts: 7
    Good Luck! Once you get in the swing of tracking your food and exersize it gets easy. I was able to balance out a trip to Olive Garden by working out and of course not eating as many breadsticks as I woudl normally eat. :) It is possible to eat totally normal foods if you just eat in moderation. I lost 20 lbs last year in a few months so if you really are motivated you can do it. Make sure you arm yourself with healthy snacks and 100 calorie packs of cookies or whatever works for you to tame those sweets cravings.
    You can do it!
  • lhalstead76
    lhalstead76 Posts: 5 Member
    Thanks everyone!!
  • cathys01
    cathys01 Posts: 221
    Welcome and best of luck to you. I think you will enjoy this site. It is easy to use and there is lots of support out there. Add me as a friend if you like.
  • LaNocksi
    LaNocksi Posts: 16
    I am new as well and struggle with my weight for a long time but this time I want to do something for real and don't want to give up again. Hopefully this time will end better :) I hope I get the right motivation from you so that I can start a better life.
This discussion has been closed.