hypothyroid ppl, monthy/weekly weight loss?

Options
I lost about 8 lbs in the past month.. Is that good for a person with hypothyroidism? I just got diagnosed 3 months ago, and have been on the meds since then. I was just wondering whats a normal rate I should expect to lose with this... Thanks

Replies

• Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    8 pounds in a month is good! That averages out to roughtly 2lbs/week...which is at the upper end of reccomended weight loss. Congrats! =)
  • red4560
    red4560 Posts: 32
    Options
    Hmmm...
    Thats verrry good make sure you are eating healthy and exercising right and not overdoing anything but other than that I think its great! I would double check with you doctor though just in case.
  • jataijah
    jataijah Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Yes that is a very good loss. Im also Hypo because I had my thyroid removed.. Feel free to add me
  • crissa413
    crissa413 Posts: 67
    Options
    Great job!! 2 llbs a week is great though that will probably slow down as you get closer to your goal. One to two pounds a week is a healthy weight loss. You're doing great!
  • sam363
    sam363 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    If you are losing 1-2 pounds a week then you are doing fantastic!!! And it most likely means that your medication is correct! If you start to gain and feel sluggish evaluate your jouranls and talk to your doctor about re-testing your thyroid. I get my tested every 6 weeks and every 6 weeks my medication changes slightly.

Keep up all your hard work! It's certainly is paying off! :)
  • staceyo1211
    staceyo1211 Posts: 163
    Options
    Yay!!!! That is very good. Ive been losing between 7-8 pounds a month. Great job!!!
  • augustamber
    Options
    That is great! A good sign that your meds are hitting the right level and that you're on the right path! I'm still struggling to find the right mix- feel free to add me and share the journey!