For the ladies (maybe some men)...

Options
Do you work out in your make up?

I've been in a dilemma about whether or not to wash my face before I work out. I figure that I'll be taking a shower anyways, but I'm curious what everyone else does? Is it bad for your skin to work out in your make up?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I like a bit of lippy and maybe some eyeliner :laugh:
  • ambermentz
    ambermentz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I wear what I've still got on from work.
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    It probably does clog your pores, but I usually do it anyway. Two reasons: 1. Laziness. 2. Hot fitness trainers walking around :flowerforyou:
  • BeautyCrys
    BeautyCrys Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I do Mon-Fri because I work out when I get home from work. But I only wear eye makeup. No foundation or powder for me.
  • omgsaleslady
    omgsaleslady Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    i don't, just because i hate the way it feels. it gets all greasy and runny when i sweat and just grosses me out!
  • red4560
    red4560 Posts: 32
    Options
    Well, I personally don't work out in my make up because I just sweat it off and it can clog your pores but that's my opinion. I just wait till after I work out, take a shower and then worry about make up.
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I use astringent on my face in the morning before I go to the gym to clean off any oils, then a dusting of powder and mascara and a little lipgloss for color.
  • philippaJane
    Options
    I always wash my face before i excercise but i have pretty sensitive skin as it is..
    From everything i've heard/experienced it's pretty bad to work out with a full face of make-up though cos your pores are open and you sweat more (stating the obvious i know! Haha.)
    Hope this helps :)
  • littttlelaurra
    littttlelaurra Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I always wash my face before a work out and never wear makeup to the gym or even if I am just working out at home to a dvd, you sweat and that would clog pores and maybe create some blemishes or acne. Plus even if I am going to the gym after work where I had worn makeup I still wash it off when I get to the gym to have my face feel fresh and cool before I start. I think it looks silly wearing makeup working out. Its like would you wear a scrunchie and sneakers with a ball gown kinda thing
  • LeekLegs
    LeekLegs Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I use a lip-stain and some chapstick (just so I don't go nuts licking my lips). But I don't wear anything else. Since it is my "healthy time" when I work out, I like to be as natural as possible. Give my skin a chance to breath. That being said, I'm lazy and don;t remove my work make-up most days! But I certainly don't put it ON to work out. :)
  • Tristis
    Tristis Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Never - I sweat way too much to even consider makeup while working out.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I have to or I will get spots. :S
  • warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I never wear make up to a work out.... and I always wash my face afterwards. :)
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I don't wash my face before, but I sweat in my makeup all day at work. Plus I wear Bare Minerals, so my face actually seems better! I certainly give "sweat-proof" mascara & eyeliner a run for the money! :happy:
  • stephaniekendrick
    stephaniekendrick Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I do because I look horrible with my makeup off (red, blotchy,etc.), but after I'm done with my workout I go right home and wash my face really good. I break out pretty easily, but even by doing this I haven't had many problems.
  • laurenstephw
    Options
    When working out was apart of conditioning for sports I didn't see the point. Personally, I still don't. Perhaps it's because I see working out not as a time to look good, but introspective time to push myself. Granted now I do yoga and I don't beat myself to death like I did during Basketball season. Don't take this the wrong way but I've always seen it as kind of vain. Again not calling you vain just it makes me think of the ladies who come in wearing gold jewelry, full on eyeshadow and lipstick. All while I'm in the corner doing leg presses over 250 pounds trying to get ready for the season. Just two different views on working out I guess.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I always wash my face before working out . I don't know if it's actually bad for my skin not to, but if I don't wash I get makeup stains on the shoulders of my shirt from wiping sweat off my face. :ohwell:
  • starkid120
    starkid120 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    So many replies!! :blushing:

Thank you all so much for your responses!! I guess I just have to stop being lazy and wash my face before I go sweat it out! :wink:
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I never leave the house without makeup, so when I go to the gym I'm wearing everything (blush, eyeliner, eye shadow, lip stick, etc).

(This may or may not be correct :laugh: )