Anyone know a good fitness tracking watch?

Options
I'm in the market for a watch that will track my heart rate, steps, and a bonus would be calories. Anyone found any good ones?

Replies

• jessicatombari
    jessicatombari Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar M400 and its literally my baby, I love it! does all that plus more. Has GPS built in for the runner that I am. If you arent looking for GPS and want something similar but cheaper look up the Polar A300!!
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    I love my FitBit Surge it tracks steps. I have a Garmen GPS it is great for running with will tell me at a glance my pace.
  • emilypimp
    emilypimp Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sweet, thanks! I was actually looking at some of the polar watches but I wasn't sure which ones were worth purchasing.
  • emilypimp
    emilypimp Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow, the fitbit surge even has text & call notifications :open_mouth:
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    President Obama has a Surge. I have the next model down, the Charge HR.

The one advantage Fitbit has over Polar is the social component. Doing Fitbit challenges with your friends is great motivation—and fun.

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • boomhower1820
    boomhower1820 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have a Vivosmart and absolutely love it. Tracks steps, connects to my HRM, watch function and even does smart phone notifications.
  • Cronniss
    Cronniss Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar M400 and its literally my baby, I love it! does all that plus more. Has GPS built in for the runner that I am. If you arent looking for GPS and want something similar but cheaper look up the Polar A300!!

I just got the A300 and I love it. The difference between the two is that the M400 is geared more for running & cycling, while the A300 is more for swimming. In truth, they could be used for either...but they are just better at tracking what they were specifically designed for. (They, of course, track other exercises.)
  • _emma_78
    _emma_78 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have the charge HR and love it, I've had no problem with the heart rate monitor when running! I like that it doesn't have a chest strap because I go on long runs and would get chafing from that.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I have the Surge, too. I chose it over the charge because I wanted the GPS for tracking my hikes. The call and text notification is actually super-handy, because I usually keep my phone on silent mode. My only complaint is that it the HR is inaccurate at higher exertion levels (I moved it up my forearm and tightened it as recommended, and that helped but it still misses a lot of beats and ends up understating my actual HR.)

I had a Polar F7 before this, but the HR never seemed to work properly. It kept zeroing out 2 minutes after I started it. I tried wetting the strap more often, cleaning it, not cleaning it, using conductive gel, replacing the batteries (watch and strap), eventually replacing the strap - nothing made it work. The F4 I had previously worked fine, though, so maybe I just got a dud.

I also tried the basis b1, and the optical HR function on that was utterly useless for exercise.
  • ScubaSteve1962
    ScubaSteve1962 Posts: 609 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    The polar M400 will have text and call notifications soon. What I like about the polar is that it has different profiles that only track your heart rate when you want it to. It also give you separate calorie burns, (training/activity/bmr) and only syncs your exercise calories to MFP . Also with the H7 sensor, it links with most gym equipment to control the levels to keep your heart rate where you want it, and also water proof to 30m so you can swim in it (A300-V800 will give you heart rate while swimming). I have the V800, I've also used the loop, and F80, and loved both of them.

The loop is the least expensive(no gps or heart rate underwater), and with the H7 sensor will give heart rate during training.