It is possible...35 pounds in 4 months

Options

Replies

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Well done its just about bang on the money of 2lb a week. Hopefully you are lifting as well to retain your lbm. Be prepared for a slowdown at some stage as it gets harder the less you have to lose. Tbf to niner he gives a lot of good sensible advice out.
  • erinup
    erinup Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Dang girl! What an inspiration. Love that you are strong and healthy, not just a skinny minnie.
  • jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Great job! Shows you can do it.
  • cheflaurawalke
    cheflaurawalke Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    Well done its just about bang on the money of 2lb a week. Hopefully you are lifting as well to retain your lbm. Be prepared for a slowdown at some stage as it gets harder the less you have to lose. Tbf to niner he gives a lot of good sensible advice out.

I do plenty of lifting!!! It's fantastic! I have def slowed down with the weight loss but these days I focus more on how I feel rather then what I weigh. The scale went out the window a couple weeks ago.
  • CandyMonster160
    CandyMonster160 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Awesome dedication! Great work, you look fantastic! :smiley:
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Honestly what I have done in the last four months has been more about the lifestyle change. I didn't set out for this high of a number this fast but apparently that's what happens when you put 110 percent into something.

Your success speaks for itself. Well done!!

What is your plan now? Will you continue this workout schedule now that you are at goal (or are you at goal?)? Do you have a full time job? Not trying to be nosy, just wondering how you manage it all with three children.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I just did a biggest loser challenge at work and lost 25.5 pounds in 10 weeks. I was eating 1400 calories a day, and hiking or doing zumba at least 3 days a week. I hope to have the same results when I hit 4 months.
  • cheflaurawalke
    Options
    Honestly what I have done in the last four months has been more about the lifestyle change. I didn't set out for this high of a number this fast but apparently that's what happens when you put 110 percent into something.

What is your plan now? Will you continue this workout schedule now that you are at goal (or are you at goal?)? Do you have a full time job? Not trying to be nosy, just wondering how you manage it all with three children.

I will keep the same fitness level going and maybe ease up on my diet and not be so strict. I have three jobs and three kids so working out is my only "me time". Ideally I would like to lose about 8 more pounds but I am in no rush. I am just really happy with how far I have come
  • cheflaurawalke
    Options

My jobs... I run a childcare out of my house monday-Friday... Own my own catering business and bartend on the weekends
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options

I will keep the same fitness level going and maybe ease up on my diet and not be so strict. I have three jobs and three kids so working out is my only "me time". Ideally I would like to lose about 8 more pounds but I am in no rush. I am just really happy with how far I have come

As well you should be. You look great!
  • LuckyMe2017
    LuckyMe2017 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Nice!
  • Emartz2
    Emartz2 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You look amazing and should be very proud!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,870 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Possible yes. Probable for most under 200lbs, not likely.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

I keep hearing that too ... and yet my starting weight was well under 200 lbs.

I set my goals etc. to lose 0.5 kg/week ... but for some reason I've lost more than that. I'm losing at an average rate of 1 kg/week ... happy surprise! :)

I even manually raised my daily maximum calories after MFP dropped me to a point I found just a bit too challenging.

I do exercise every day (7 days a week), and I eat about half of those calories back. I suspect that makes a difference.

My calories intake was 1400 a day as suggested by this app. I cut out alcohol during the week and went to the gym 7 days a week taking tabata and insanity classes and doing my own thing. Plus I started running. I am 5'7... Starting weight was 187.... I didn't starve myself in the least bit. I just ate really healthy. Even if that meant making myself separate meals then what I make my family. There is no huge secret... Do work.. Get results.

I'm a little shorter than you are, and my starting weight was a little bit lighter than you, so my max calories are a little bit lower than yours.

But like you ... I exercise 7 days a week and I don't starve myself. In fact, I'm eating a wider variety of food than I did before I started here. But I'm also thinking about what I eat much more than before ... consciously deciding whether I want to eat this item or not.
  • KellyLouiseGibson
    KellyLouiseGibson Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    o69rcd6pupqb.jpg

5z151v0cncwa.jpg

Yes its possible I lost 45 pounds in 5 months :-)
    Healthy eating & Exercise 4 days a week!

Another stone and a half for me to burn which I plan on having done by September!

Keep up the good work :-)
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    blb85 wrote: »
    Why are you harping on her for her extreme weight loss efforts? That's not the point of this board. The point is to congratulate her. Now give her the tips to succeed. You can't change what she already did, but we can help her going forward.

Because he does this in almost every forum. I always see this name come up and roll my eyes. His way or the highway. Just ignore him. I do.

Congrats @cheflaurawalke you worked hard and got results! Good for you, stay strong stay healthy! Glad to see a big smile on your face. <3
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Why have these forums gotten so negative.
    draznyth wrote: »
    blb85 wrote: »
    Why are you harping on her for her extreme weight loss efforts? That's not the point of this board. The point is to congratulate her. Now give her the tips to succeed. You can't change what she already did, but we can help her going forward.

lol you certainly seem to know a lot about the purpose of MFP...

Why have these forums gotten so negative? :(
    I mean I think she is right. This is the success story forum not the advice forum. If she would have asked for it I could see that, but there are so many judgments being passed. All I see are negative threads lately.
  • mariamathsgeek
    mariamathsgeek Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Well done! You look amazing.
  • Ladina1990
    Ladina1990 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I am 25 starting at 221 and trying to get down to 140. I have the same calorie intake as your but I am 5'6. You have inspired me to keep going and to not give up I thank you for that. You look awesome !
  • mamma_adventure
    mamma_adventure Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Inspired :) Amazing work <3
  • shellkroth
    shellkroth Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Forget the haters!! You look amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!