Hey I just joined on the recommendation of my nutritionist!

Options
I want to lose around 90 pounds . I have lost 24 pounds since the beginning of March and I really want to lose more . I saw a nutritionist for the first time yesterday and she told me to get this app! Need friends who are going though the same situation and understand .

Replies

• kscarf1
    kscarf1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! We are in similar situations. I am trying to lose 100 pounds and I'm down 17 so far. MFP is awesome for helping you understand the nutrition in the foods you are consuming and in planning what you eat. And there's so much great support here. Feel free to add me as a friend so we can help motivate each other.
  • yorkshiregoal
    yorkshiregoal Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi Kelly, welcome! Congratulations on your 24lb loss already! Feel free to add me as a friend if you like... I am almost half way to my goal with another 65lbs-ish to go...
  • Kellyleef75
    Kellyleef75 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Awesome thank you . I'm excited to join this and start feeling better in general !
  • MR_STRATTON
    MR_STRATTON Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Well, I have a little more to lose than you do, but always ready to offer support.

I lost over 200 pounds 4 years ago, but have slowly and steadily put over 100 of them back. I didn't lose using this program, but the program I did use was very difficult, although very successful. I just can't force myself to go that "whole hog" again.

I'm on day 20. I lost about 10# the first week, but didn't feel that was exorbitant due to the fact that we had just taken a week's vacation and I had put on about 15 during that week.

I am enjoying this program. It helps to line out your food for the day first thing in the morning and then it is easy to make adjustments. I have tried to balance the calories with the allotted nutrients and am having limited success in doing that. I'm usually way under in the carb category and over in the protein and sugars. I have had people suggest that it isn't as important to reach the perfect balance as it is to remain under the calorie allotment.

We spread our time between two homes - one in Washington and the other in Idaho. I have a scale in Washington and not in Idaho, so it is usually at least a week between weighing. I will be able to weigh again in 4 days when we return to the WA home so will be able to determine if I am making progress or not.

Welcome aboard - and smooth sailing. Wishing you total success!

Peggy
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Hi Kelly. This is a great site with a lot of supportive and informed members. I am here everyday. Add me if you like :)
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    My dietitian pointed me here, too. The log is very helpful when you have discussions about food choices.
  • taylorizal
    taylorizal Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    A dietician pointed me to here also! I've lost over 100 pounds (96 since joining) and am still losing! Anyone can feel free to add me!
  • Kellyleef75
    Kellyleef75 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    This is so awesome ! I'm really trying to change my life for the better ! Thank you for the support already !