maintaining my weight

Options
how many calories should you consume when trying to maintain your weight?

Replies

• mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    That is going to vary from person to person. I maintain on around 2600 cals a day.
  • say_pocket
    say_pocket Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Like Mamasmaltz3 said, it's different for everyone! I maintain on 1600 a day, plus calories gained back from exercise.

MFP's automatic settings based on weight and loss goal is pretty accurate. But if you want, check out this TDEE calculator: http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

Just make sure you're honest with whatever calculator you use about your activity level.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    It's different for everyone....for me it's 2100-2300 - I'm 5ft 2 / 45yrs / 133lbs / very active

I move alot cos I enjoy eating alot lol
  • msalamun
    msalamun Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Find your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure). This is the total number of calories your body burns throughout the day, and you can include exercise in there as well. Eating at that amount will put you at maintenance.

Alternatively, you can also find your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) and multiply that by your activity factor outside of exercise (exercise already incorporated into the BMR). Then don't add or subtract any calories. This estimates your total calories burned as well. Either works, but pick which you prefer. Remember, maintenance is eating not at a deficit (for weight loss) nor a surplus (weight gain).

As for macros, I suggest 40carbs/30protein/30fat as good macros for during maintenance.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    set your goal to maintain on this or another calculator...that's what these calculators do...they calculate your goals for you.