I need motivation please :( feel like giving up :(

Options
Hello my name Stephany, I'm looking for motivation I feel like giving up I started working out and exercising 5/15/15 but I haven't seen any lbs going down I feel like just giving up I walk 3 miles 3-4 days a week but nothing so far I weight 260 help!

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Hi Stephany, are you logging everything you eat? And if you are are you weighing it? Keep your chin up, the answer will become obvious and the weight will then come off :)
  • stephie920
    stephie920 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I felt like I was in the same situation just a couple weeks ago, but after 3 weeks of eating healthy and walking a lot!!! I've now started to loose a few pounds here and there ,but honestly keep going with it ,it all works out in the end and you will have lost weight too. I mean when I started I was 240 but I'm now 224 I know it's only 16lbs but it really helps you feel motivated once you start to see the lbs come off and trust me stick with it and you'll see results sooner than you think :) x
  • jacks2502
    jacks2502 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Dont give up... Remember why u started!! Its ok to have a bad day just remember to get back on the band wagon!
  • exuberant30
    exuberant30 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi Stephany, I agree with the above are you logging everything you eat?

Keep with it and let the ppl on here support you. The weight will come off if you stick with it, after all what's the alternative? You stay at a weight your clearly unhappy with and even if the walking isn't shifting the weight right now think of the health benefits :smile:
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Don't give up if you did a total adjustment to your diet like I did my Dr said my weight may not change til your body gets all adjusted. It's like a total body reboot which may take a month then you will start to see something happen. Just take it one day at a time.
  • GinetteMac
    GinetteMac Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Don't give up, I am in the same boat you are at first I lost 9 pounds and seem to be stuck there for weeks even though i've almost tripled my workout/walking but when I'm giving up I lay on the bed and realize that I have lost inches and not weight, maybe you are doing the same? My bra no longer cuts into my skin and my clothes are looser, remember you might be building muscle so it won't show on the scale. You can add me if you like, I am always looking to motivate or get motivated as it's not easy going at this alone!
  • gurlofgod
    gurlofgod Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately diet sometimes makes a bigger difference than exercise in weight loss. Take a look at what you're eating and see if there are things you can adjust there and see if that makes a difference. Try drastically cutting sodium and see if that helps jump start you :)
  • Cantstopmyshine1993
    Cantstopmyshine1993 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Don't give up!! There is tons of people here to help & support you. Make sure you're logging everything correct. If you're burning more calories than intake you should lose.
  • m_kipp
    m_kipp Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Don't give up.....this is a very difficult thing to achieve and that is why all of us and leaning on each other! Add me if you want, I will do my best to help you!
  • poissant23
    poissant23 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    If you're on any type of medication look up the side effets or even go look on some forums. I was on an anti-anxiety med that made my body have difficulty processing food like it should which enable me to lose weight, since figuring that out I have switched med's which helped in my weight loss process. But dont give up just yet, the process might be slower than expected but remember why you started :smile:
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Give up imo or at least think why you want to lose from the reasons pushing you and some of the advantages of losing. Is that importnat to you? How important? What are you prepared o do to lose that weight? It could taje you over two years, so bear that in mind.

Go back to the drawing board for a few weeks and check your understanding of weight loss and your plan is likely to be effective. The thing that will have the biggest influence us being able to establish a food deficit, so controlling what you consume by weighing shoul be where you start. That will give you the biggest influence on whether you lose or not. the next thing youll need is consistency and patience.

Whats going wrong? you are probably not eating at a deficit when everything (even the exercise is taken into account). Dont worry its a learning pocess, so adjust as you go along and you will soon start to lose. the nice thing is becayse you have such a lot to lose then you cna still eat a generous amount and lose, you will burn more calories than lighter people and you will also lose faster.

Everyones journey is personal to them, theres no reason yours cnat be a success, when you undestand what you have to do and you are prepared to commit.
  • stephanytiradonarcio
    Options
    Thank you all so much!!!!!!
  • bootcamp85
    bootcamp85 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Please dont give up.
    I was in the same boat at 192.......I didnt see any pounds coming off, but I did start to see inches and then in time the pounds started dropping.
    Im now 174 and still have work to do....
    Im trying my hardest not to give up this time.....
    I know its hard...It will probably be the hardest thing you do in life, but its all worth it in the end and that is why you cant give up!!!!!!!!!
    You have to be PATIENT.
    PATIENCE is the magic word......
    And make sure you look at other peoples stories here in the forum.
    Look at others before and after pictures to motivate your self.
    Your NO different then any of them. If they can do it YOU can do it to.....
    If it helps, invite a friend on this weight loss journey with you.
    Have contest on weightloss, make it fun!!!!!
    Best of luck to you!!!!!!!!!!
  • stephanytiradonarcio
    Options
    You can add me on Instagram st3phii89
    See my journey, I hope to see results soon!! You all are amazing for replying back! God bless you all!!! I will keep working hard at it!!
  • taentea
    taentea Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Some may find my advice controversial as exercising seems like such a natural thing to do for losing weight, but I'd say let it go for a while if you have to force yourself to do it. Your OP made it sound like what you are doing is a challenge to you, a challenge that you can't wait to drop unless it shows results asap. In my experience running marathons at sprinting speeds doesn't work too well. If you want to cross that finish line, you gotta find a pace that's sustainable.

Make sure to weight your food and log it properly. That's the most important part and also the easiest. Stay under your calorie goal. It's really not hard once you find a menu that fills you. You don't even have to give up foods you love. This will be enough to lose weight. Just make sure you do that and you'll see results sooner or later.

Walking is great. I personally find a lot of pleasure and health benefits in it. It's not too hard either, so I'd still do it on the days you feel like it without forcing yourself on the days you absolutely hate the idea. As for other types of exercise, just look for activities you enjoy for now. Once you drop some weight you will be better prepared for exercise both physically and mentally and you will actually crave some quite likely. Give it some time, listen to how you feel and only introduce new challenges once you've digested the ones before.

Also sometimes you'll do everything right and not see any results. It will most likely be temporary. Your body is a complex creation and there are a bunch of systems that work not entirely in sync. What you see on the scales is a sum of fat, muscle, water, contents of your digestive system etc. On some days more of one will lead you to not noticing there's less of the other. Have patience. Fat loss will show itself at some point.

Btw, if you want some friendly support, feel free to add me =)