Holiday worries

Options
Hi there,

Within 7 weeks I will be leaving to go packpacking with my friend In portugal. I'm kind of nervous, though, because over here it's easy to eat healthy and within my calories and stuff. We'll be going for 11 days, we'll be cooking ourselves and we will be backpacking, so walking a lot.. but I'm still a little bit nervous! Do you guys have tips?
I also have to fly.. I hate flying.. so nervous :(

Replies

• alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering the same. Luckily I'm over 4lb ahead of my goal (and over 2 months without any slip ups) so I'm considering not tracking for the 5 days as a treat...
  • myweightloss2016
    myweightloss2016 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Any tips anyone?
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Do a little research on what the fresh local foods are for the time frame you'll be there and look for recipes now so that you have an idea what to cook while there that uses as much of the fresh local food you can especially if you're backpacking all your supplies.

As for flying, walk in the airports, keep water drinking on the ground and drink carbonation in the air to help with the popping of the ears. Chewing gum may help you pay attention to something other than flying as well and keep yourself busy talking to your friend or reading and if that doesn't work pray for sleep.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    Tips for flying or eating right?
  • myweightloss2016
    Options
    eating right haha :)
    Tips for flying won't help anyway.. scares the hell out of me!
  • Noelv1976
    Options
    Believe it or not, people in Europe eat healthier than us, just avoid the fast food joints and enjoy the local bakeries. I like to eat trail mix on my hikes. I buy two different kinds, one with chocolate candy and one without. Not too sure about the long trips though
  • myweightloss2016
    Options
    Yeah, I live in Europe myself ;) Thanks for the comment!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    In any country,you'll be able to find healthy foods and then also treats. So im not understanding what your having an issue with? You said youll be cooking the foods yourselves, so find whatever fresh foods are available there and prepare healthy meals. Google which fruits and veggies are in season or available in that area and also look up where the supermarket will be so you will have an idea of what youd like prepare.
    Surely you can find nutritious foods for your backpack to carry with you. And you mentioned it's only 11days so just do your best to make good choices while away and get back to your normal routine when you get home
  • Noelv1976
    Options
    Yeah, I live in Europe myself ;) Thanks for the comment!

Well how was I suppose to know that? Lol