Zero appetite after stomach virus

Options
Last Friday I got hit with an absolutely foul stomach virus that has left me with no appetite whatsoever. I was sick from Friday-Sunday, however my appetite never came back. I lost my appetite out of nowhere for a month last year (still have no idea what caused it, my dr said stress but I don't think so) and this feels exactly like that. I know there's a reason for it happening this time but I'm a little concerned that I still don't want to eat. I'm pretty much force feeding myself everyday. It's been especially hard to eat today as I woke up with absolutely crippling heartburn (I have a hiatal hernia which I take acid reducing medication for, but the medicine just didn't work at all today). Should I be concerned that its been 4 days since my symptoms subsided and I still have no appetite? Any tips on getting it back?

Replies

• MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I would start small. Toast, banana, yogurt and see how you feel...the more you eat even if it's a little the more your body will want it. If not then I would call and talk to your MD again. Good luck!
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    This happened to me too last fall. I was kind of weirded out because I've never lost my appetite like that.

Agreed, start small. Have a bit of toast or broth soup or something along those lines.