Turbo fire, insanity, chalean extreme, etc. Etc.

Options
what are you doing?
How is the program?
How intense is it?
Are you seeing results, and If you finished one, what were your results?
Im looking to invest in something. :D
Wanna make sure it's good (: hehe

Replies

• brian90
    brian90 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I have done p90x, insanity and am doing asylum now. Al lare good programs. It depends what type of workouts you like and what your goals are.
  • jonnylzkd
    jonnylzkd Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm doing insanity
    I have seen some results but I'm barely into it
    It is pretty dang hardcore

But thats just me
  • o2blori
    o2blori Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I've done Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire. I love them both. Lost 30 lbs with Turbo Jam. And and on my way to lose my next 30 with Turbo Fire. If you like to dance, these programs are for you.
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I recently finished Jillian's 30 Day Shred. It's quick at only 25 minutes a day, but I can't say easy! lol. If you want to see my results, go look at my blog. There are pictures along with before and after stats. And one of the best parts? You can get it for around 10 bucks! Good luck on your search! :D
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing ChaLEAN Extreme. I'm starting my 4th and final week of the burn phase (first month).
    This program is A-MAZING!! I honestly LOOK FORWARD to my workouts (you can see in my status's i've talked about it plenty)
    Chalene has a way of motivating and encouraging and making things FUN. It doesn't feel repetitive because it changes up all the time.
    It's a pretty intense strength training program. However, you can modify some moves to low-impact (less hard on knees and joints) and you can also use lighter weights if need be (i use 5s,8s,10s and 15s) so a wide range :D
    I AM seeing results yes :) I can definitely see it in my biceps & shoulders. They are becoming more and more pronounced. I will have pictures at 30 60 and 90 days to show everyone upon completion :)
    This is WELL worth it.
    I JUST bought Turbofire because Chalene is SO inspiring, I know i'll love it. She really makes you WANT to workout (which sounds odd) especially because I NEVER used to like working out & i'd get SO bored. I've been at this program for 4wks (along with C25K) and I couldn't be happier with my progress.
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I'm only two weeks into Insanity....so I can't really judge results....but it's way intense....
  • brian90
    brian90 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Insanity is defintely intense. Wait til you get to month 2. it is tough.
  • Steph62002
    Steph62002 Posts: 91
    Options
    I am currently on my 3rd week of a Turbo Fire/Chalean Extreme hybrid, and I love it. Just like the poster said above, Chalene is a great motivator/instructor. Turbo Fire is a kick a** cardio program, but it is fun! Just when you think you couldn't possibly move another step, she is right there telling you that "you aren't tired!" It might sound cheesy, but the way she does is it so incredibly motivating.
    Even though I'm only on my third week, I am seeing a difference in my arms and in my waist. Yesterday was my strength training day, and my arms are burning today!
  • LadyBarb
    LadyBarb Posts: 116
    Options
    I just start Tubro Fire.. we will see
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I've dabbled in P90x, Insanity, but am Currently doing Turbo Fire (i'm 4 weeks in) I also recently decided to add some P90x into the mix because I like lifting.

I just started working out at home recently and the Beach Body programs are by far my favorite because they don't play around. You just have to find what type of workout you like and that you will stick to.
    Insanity is hard core cardio- The name says it all
    P90x is cool too it focuses more on lifting with 2 days of cardio (if you do the classic version) and 1 day of yoga.
    Turbo Fire is faced pace but a lot of fun and you will sweat.
    No clue about Chalean Extreme

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
  • texasrebel83
    texasrebel83 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Turbo Fire, lots of punches and kicks. DH just finished Insanity and he went from 200lbs down to 180lbs, I can tell a huge difference in his upper body. His big like was that the workouts were shorter than P90X and you didn't need extra gear.