Cooking Fish

Options
dsneade
dsneade Posts: 21 Member
I enjoy some good seafood. Tuna steaks have become a regular part of my protein intake but it is getting expensive.
I generally cook 3 days worth of meat at once to minimize time spent in the kitchen. My challenge is that I'm trying to get one or two servings of fish in my diet a day but I'm not much of a fan of leftover seafood.
Any good recipes out there for preparing fish such as cod, salmon, etc so they taste as good as if they were cooked at that moment.

Replies

• slucki01
    slucki01 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I love fish good on the grill -- salmon is especially good that way.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I think the key is in how you reheat. I bring leftovers (including fish) for lunch daily, and I find that if I microwave a piece of fish for a minute or 2, it comes out nasty. What I have found works though is to microwave it for several 20 -30 second bursts, until it is JUST warm enough.

The upside of this is it tastes similar to what it did last night AND it minimizes "that smell" for the office complainers.

For something like a tuna steak, I don't think I would bother reheating it at all - since that's generally served cool to cold in the middle anyway.
  • BobbyBoardman
    BobbyBoardman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like to cook tilapia or cod. Reheats well. Just put it in a covered container so it doesn't dry out. I usually season it with curry powder and a pinch of kosher salt and sautee in a fry pan with a splash of water instead of oils. Covercwhile cooking as well.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    This salmon recipe is great. It sounds spicy but it really is not. I have used leftover in a salmon cucumber pasta salad and in fish tacos. soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2013/02/roasted-red-pepper-and-garlic-salmon.html
  • dsneade
    dsneade Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks for input everyone! I'll be putting them to use this week...
  • greekyogurtandpuppies
    greekyogurtandpuppies Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm incredibly impatient, so I like to cook mine in my mini oven built into my toaster. It only takes about 10 minutes to cook but it comes out really good! I made swordfish steaks in there for my dinner today.